Can the parking position of an aircraft be adjusted?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Can the parking position of an aircraft be adjusted?

Postby Tech Diver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:13 pm

I have downloaded the Ilyushin IL-96-400 by Kirill Konovalov. I have found that when the aircraft is placed at a gate by FSX, the plane is too far forward and results in an immediate crash. Also, when placed on the ramp, a pushback request results in the tug running into the front landing gear (resulting in another crash).

Is there some way to adjust the aircraft position so this doesn't happen?

Peter
Tech Diver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Can the parking position of an aircraft be adjusted?

Postby Thud » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:42 am

I have downloaded the Ilyushin IL-96-400 by Kirill Konovalov. I have found that when the aircraft is placed at a gate by FSX, the plane is too far forward and results in an immediate crash. Also, when placed on the ramp, a pushback request results in the tug running into the front landing gear (resulting in another crash).

Is there some way to adjust the aircraft position so this doesn't happen?

Peter

You can use slew mode. Do you know about that?
Windows Vista (32bit)
Thud
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Tech Diver » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Yes, I do know how to do that, but that does not correct the error, it's just a work-around. Also the problem is that I when I select an airport and a gate, I get an instantaneous crash. Furthermore, this aircraft is part of my AI fleet and it looks really stupid to see it half embedded in the terminal.

Again, is there any adjustment that I can make in the Aircraft.cfg file that will move it about 30 feet further back?

For those of you who design you own aircraft, how do you make the front wheels sit right on the "T" of the tarmack marker?

Peter
Tech Diver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jaime » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:51 pm

that may be more of a scenery thing there but I would start digging in the CFG for any thing related to gate or "type" and/or "parking" since there should be settings involving that type of thing in the CFG its self...it should be I THINK under the general area...least start there and look...
one of the starters of the burner pandemic
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tech Diver » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm

I definitely studied the config file well and experimented with contact points as well as the reference_datum_position setting. Finally after asking the same question on another forum someone replied that this atribute is part of the model itself and cannot be adjusted.

I am extremely surprised (and disappointed) that none of the model builders in this forum have been able to answer my question.

Peter
Tech Diver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jaime » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 pm

that was another thing I had thought my self...:( sad that is that way since there are some nice planes out there that suffer from the same issue :(
one of the starters of the burner pandemic
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design