Fuel Truck Help

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Fuel Truck Help

Postby coolmanak » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Hello guys,

I do a lot of flying simulating the real world operations of Air-Glaciers SA, most of it in the SA315B LAMA.

In the real world, operations in mountain areas can last longer than a single tank of fuel, so a fuel truck is brought up and when the helicopter's tank is nearly empty, it lands and is refueled right on the site.

I've decided now to take up a project to get something similar to work in FS(X).

Currently I need help figuring out how to do two things:

(1) Take another vehicle from the FS default ground vehicle library and make it into a "fuel box".  I DON'T want it to work like a fuel truck, where it pulls up and you enter in new fuel.  I need it to work like a "fuel box".  It wont need to move at all, just sit there.

(2) Find a way to easily place it.  The location will change from operation to operation, so I want a fast click and place method, not a complex scenery re-design for every single flight.

If it's actually possible, it might be cool to have real-time fuel loading, but if not imagination will work just fine.

Thanks for any help!
coolmanak
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Fuel Truck Help

Postby BrandonF » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 pm

What scenery design tool are you using?
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby coolmanak » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:30 pm

In the past I've used the Instant Scenery tool, and it works for most things (I use it often when ops require a cement truck or logging truck), but it is unable to place working fuel boxes.
coolmanak
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Airport Design Editor works very well for placing objects. You can add a fueling parking spot. Then you can add, say, a fuel tank next to this. (The fuel tank would be an actual object, just for looks.)

I suggest trying out ADE.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby jaime » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Is ADE freeware? would it be relitivly point and click or is that more the scenery placement tool thing im thinking of?
Last edited by jaime on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one of the starters of the burner pandemic
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 pm

ADE is free. It is very easy to use. You can open a default airport in it and then just add objects there. Basically point and click...and more!  :D
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby Fr. Bill » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 am

...which won't help a bit for placing a fuel box out in the middle of the back-of-beyond, as the OP wishes to do...
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design