Another texturing problem

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Another texturing problem

Postby Erez » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:49 am

I don't have an idea what am I doing wrong.......
I have a beautiful shot of the Lavi's tale, and I thought, hey, this can be a good photoreal texture for me.
In Gmax, I picked the tail, add him UVW map, selected the file, moved it with the cursor to the part, and nothing happened. when I opened the material editor, and pressed the Pick botton, and with is the tail. in a small window inside the material editor, there was a round ball with the tail picture on it. I guess that's means it did applied the texture, but I couldn't see the picture on the tail.
Should I add more details? please try to give me couple of directions. I am totally hopeless :(
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Another texturing problem

Postby G-force237 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:58 pm

that is a simple problem to fix ;) all you have to do, is press the blue and white checkered cube buttion.(assuming you have the newer gmax)

If it worked the problem was that the texture maps were maped but they just wernt displayed on the object ;)

hope this helped  :)
Last edited by G-force237 on Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G-force237
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Another texturing problem

Postby Erez » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:04 am

no, it didn't helped. I knew that I need to click on that box, and so I did. It's another problem, but thanks for trying :)
What alse could it be?
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design