my final design

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

my final design

Postby awash2002 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:24 pm

I will be hanging it up after the Decathlon I have got rid of all 3views as of now I will give all 3views to who ever wants them just  to get rid of them for good I don't care if they get built or not I have had it with FSDS2 because I do not know it and I am not going to get Gmax because it is teh hardest thing to design planes with period.
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Re: my final design

Postby RIC_BARKER » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:29 pm

Awash, stick with it buddy, it's not easy, but it will come if you work at it.

3D design is something that very few people can do easily, we all have to learn the basics.

Think of it as building a wall, you must first lay the foundations before you can build upwards.

Perhaps try to set yourself an easier goal, just to start with. Try working through the tutorials included with FSDS2, they form an excellent basis to start from. You also have the help of all the board members here, who will do their best to help.

Take a break, and give it a red-hot-go!

Ric B.
RIC_BARKER
Captain
Captain

Postby awash2002 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:53 pm

I will stick with the decathlon because I want to see it get completed can you think of what paint scheemes I should use in a sunburst pattern?
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:53 pm

It's true what Ric says. I never had a chance to design aircraft of my own until I first saw GMAX.

At first, it looked almost impossible to master until I went through the tutorials that I found in Freeflightdesign and the www.discreet.com website.

Regardless of all the help, I still had to endure more than a YEAR of self-training just see what special features a basic tool can have in GMAX. Then it took months of utilizing them into my first great design: The F-117A Have Blue (with a little help from others).

In conclussion, we all have to endure a long hard road in order to get to where we want to be. No matter what.

Besides, I heard that FSDS2 has more features than GMAX. I stick with GMAX because I am good at it now and used to it. If you switch to another design program just like that, you won't be able to cope with the changes.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby awash2002 » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:03 am

I am going to stick with FSDS2 because I have used FSDS1.6 and I like FSDS2 alot better then 1.6 and I have tried gmax and it was the hardest design tool becasue I did not use the tutorials
awash2002
Captain
Captain

Postby BE58D » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:04 pm

Definitely stick with it, it isn't as hard as you may think... a pain in the @$$, yes... But it could be a lot worse.
Last edited by BE58D on Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Pavillion = p7-1233w
3.20GHz Processor
24GB of RAM (Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB though) :'(
Radeon 7560D - 4059MB
1TB SATA Internal Hard Drive
BE58D
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design