Wings blend to fuselage please look

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Wings blend to fuselage please look

Postby Erez » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:13 am

LOL Hagar :D, I'll try not to lose my mind again;)
Thanks everyone, you helped me out. :)
Felix, aren't you a designer? or at least try to be? or you just read the entire furom? bored or what? ;D
Anyone want to guess how many times I have been trying to design the this Lavi? I'll say about 12 files (until now) :P
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:03 am

An interesting observation -

Am I a modeller (designer is too "strong" a word, overall, we're modellers, not "designers")?  I"d say yes - although I haven't taken my modelling skills to the levels others have.  I've built or started well over 100 models - released only about three - and contributed some basic source files.

Do I just read the forums?  Well, like many other modellers, I do frequent a number of design forums on a regular basis - Simviation.com, flightsim.com, and of course, Freeflight Design Shop, where I host the forum and am website caretaker.

The value of visiting several forums regularly is that you "learn" from others  - asking questions, answering questions and getting feedback from others.

I started reading the flightsim.com and FFSD forums for about a month or so  before I started noting that many questions were the same - to the point where I had "canned" texts ready, basically, I 'took over' from other regulars who I noted in their posting were getting weary of answering the same thing.  

That was in the "old" days as FS2000 was about to come out, the main program was AF99 and FSDS was just ready to hit the shelves.

I still answer mostly the "regular" questions - an leave the hard stuff to the "experts" that never fail to jump in and correct me, nudge my answer or expand on something I may say.

Felix, aren't you a designer? or at least try to be? or you just read the entire furom? bored or what? ;D
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boaz Shachar » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:43 am

Erez, as the first modeler to ever release an IAI Lavi, I salute u, and hope ur first model turns out to be your best as well ;)

Boaz
Boaz Shachar

Postby Erez » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:13 pm

Toda Boaz ;)
Care to join are small first Israeli flight simulation site? you are most welcome: http://www.ifs.flying.to/

Anyway it's release date is really unknown, as you might read, I'm a total begginer trying to fight this program. In fact I'm considering building a new model from scratch, using the knowledge I gained on the current one. It is infact a really basic model that with the time that I learned new things I added them. but I think it's the time to restart with tubes and boxes again ;) If you got some sources or exclusive photos of him (not from the net) and you can send them to me, it will help a lot.
Bye Achi, nedaber.
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:07 am

Hey Erez, maybe you don't have to start from scratch.

Goto www.onnovanbraam.com and there you will find tutorials that relate to 3Dmax and GMAX. At the top of the page, the list is abvious. There, you can learn how to use Splines and other methods that good modelers use. The site also has 3-view images that you can use to make more models.

Hope this helps.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Erez » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:36 am

Thanks pal ;) I'll have a look
At first I used the Lavi's 3-view from there, but later I got better ones and now I use mainly pictures (except from the top view). I had a first look on the method and it seems very good and really short. thanks again :D
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Erez » Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:23 am

Something odd just happened ??? ??? ???
I got email for reply here, had to go to school (with gas mask ;D) but saw for a second that Oso wrote something.... is it gone or what?????????????
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Oso » Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:50 am

Yes I did but I deleted it.

I gave you a compliment on your Lavi - It is coming along very nicely. Nice job. I hope that I can do so well. ;D

Why I deleted it was that I opened my mouth about going to build my Constellation. Then started researching and found out just how hard it was to do. Decided that I would hold off on the announcement till I know better about whether I can do it or not.

Heads up over there Erez - take care.
Last edited by Oso on Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oso

Postby Erez » Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:35 pm

Thanks Oso, I'll restart working on it soon.
You can't believe how much this gas mask stinks of rubber! when you hold it for a second, it smells like you repaired your bicycle's tire for an hour !
But it's ok, we are ready. No one can be ready as us, and this psycho must go. we are laughing about it here and we take this easy. I said to my friends (we all came with the rear command's kit,that is a smalll box that we hang on our side) that I saw that everyone wears this "new fashion" so I had to try it myself ;D
keep on going, and mae the world a better place for the humanity.
Bye bye :) ;) :D ;D
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Boaz03 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:47 pm

erez, I too walked to school with my gas mask today, was kinda funny actually, everyone opened their filter up last night (something ur not really supposed to do) so they all started panicking when I told them that it only lasts for a month after it's opened (and if it isn't used, otherwise it's about 4 hours) anyways, I hope to see some more shots of the Lavi, the biggest (and most beautiful) waste of money in IAI's history :P
Boaz03

Postby Felix/FFDS » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:49 pm

You can still see th eLavi in squadron service - only now it's called the Chengdu Aircraft Company (CAC) J-10 ..  made in CHina ...

;)

I hope to see some more shots of the Lavi, the biggest (and most beautiful) waste of money in IAI's history :P
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Erez » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:18 am

OH FELIX DON'T REMIND ME THE J-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm ashame of it so much! I can't even talk about it!
After reading and researching about the Lavi, I searched about the J-10-Lavi connection, and it's shocking. believe me, and trust me as man with a lot of knowledge about both of them, THIS IS THE RAPE (and not revive) OF THE BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL ISRAELI PROUD SYMBOL,  THE IAI LAVI, THAT INSTEAD OF DEFENDING MY SMALL COUNRTY, INSTEAD OF BEEN FLOWN BY ME (I hope, one day) AND OTHER ISRAELI PILOTS, IT WILL NOW DEFEND COMMUNISTS, AND WILL DESTROY OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE US.
And Boaz, as an Israeli, I promise you, after this all Iraqi stuff will over, Bush will "take care" of us too. You need to understand, this is the biggest mistake that Israel has ever done. So don't even show a little happiness, we should be ashamed.
[glb]we screw it up, big time[/glb]
[glb]STUPID US!!! :-[ :-[ :-[[/glb]
I'd like to take it elsewhere, maybe to Cafe Simviation.
to all the Americans here,  I'm not talking as an Israeli citizen. I'm talking to you as a citizen of the world. Stop this leak of technology. we've gone bad.
Sorry.
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby boaz03 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:42 am

erez, I don't understand what ur talking about. and about the Lavi, fighters are expensive, and very difficult to produce, especially for a nation that must live in a constant state of war. The Lavi was expensive, very expensive, the systems may have been an amazing leap of technology, but the airframe was 4th generation, tho started in the early 80's, it wouldn't have flown operationally till the late 90's, when it would've been obsolete. The systems have gone on to sell thousands tho, they were a big success, and IAI offers them as an upgrade for a bunch of 4th generation aircraft, we did succeed in a way.The way the IAF conducts its business nowadays is best.  They buy US aircraft, with US money, and add in Israeli avionics and 'upgrades', that suit our needs.

I too believe the Lavi is a beautiful aircraft, and I get sick just looking at the condition of the prototype in the IAF museum.
boaz03

Postby Erez » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:47 am

You didn't heard about the J-10? the newspapers don't show it for some reason. I searched Google for it for a week. I found a lot of info about him.
He is based on 70% on the Lavi, 15% on pakistani F-16, and 15% russian/chinese tech.
Give me your email and I'll send my pics to you.
look well. I bet the things that you see different from our Lavi are a new intake a single seat. these have explanations. 1st the intake. it's depend on the engine. the Lavi's intake was identical (almost) to the F-16's because they had the same engine (the Lavi's was improved sub model). this time they used a russian engine so they had to redesign his intake. about the single seat. the 300 Lavi planes were supposed to be single seaters (only 60 two seaters operational trainers).
Also, if you are serious about it, look for it on google.
By the way, the Lavi's prototype at IAF museum looks like brand new. Iv'e been there 6 months ago, and it was just repainted. He is beauty again.
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:28 pm

Air International just published an article on the J-10, where they more or less - without saying so - call on the design as parallel development - my characterisation..

The J-10 is a bigger airplane, and the wings, though of overall similar shape, have a "simpler" look to them and do not have wingtip missle rails.

I'm not completely ready to say that the J-10 is the Lavi reborn, since the overall concept is similar to even Mig-21 prototypes /test aircraft of the '60s...

You didn't heard about the J-10? the newspapers don't show it for some reason. I searched Google for it for a week. I found a lot of info about him.
He is based on 70% on the Lavi, 15% on pakistani F-16, and 15% russian/chinese tech.
Give me your email and I'll send my pics to you.
look well. I bet the things that you see different from our Lavi are a new intake a single seat. these have explanations. 1st the intake. it's depend on the engine. the Lavi's intake was identical (almost) to the F-16's because they had the same engine (the Lavi's was improved sub model). this time they used a russian engine so they had to redesign his intake. about the single seat. the 300 Lavi planes were supposed to be single seaters (only 60 two seaters operational trainers).
Also, if you are serious about it, look for it on google.
By the way, the Lavi's prototype at IAF museum looks like brand new. Iv'e been there 6 months ago, and it was just repainted. He is beauty again.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design