New Development Team

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

New Development Team

Postby nitrotc3 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:16 pm

Im making a new Plane Desgining group and I need people that can design Planes and stuff along with me I know this is supposed to be put in the My Site topic but hardly anyone goes down there. So moderator if you can please leave this here ;D if you want to join with me email me at hodgemar@bellsouth.net or reply here.

Thanks for your time
If My Plane Is Too Loud Then Your Too Old
If My Plane Is Too Quiet to You Your Way To
Old
If My Plane Is a Blur To You Well Your Right Because My Plane Does Mach .950
Its A Sr-71 Blackbird With A 2 GS1253F Engine
What You Got To S
nitrotc3
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: New Development Team

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:11 pm

I'm inclined to leave this thread so I can step on a soapbox..

"So you want to start a design group?"

The immediate question is "what do you bring to the party?"  other than ideas?

Why should I, a fantastically talented and brilliant designer (bear with me, this is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek posting), come running to you... what can you do better than me?

If I'm a whiz at modelling, are you equally adept at panels, flight dynamics, texturing?  What if I like to build Pobjoy engined birds, and you want to make (another) B747?

Think of this as a business plan... what are your strengths, weaknesses, and what type of aircraft are you planning to do?

For example - if I were putting out a call for help/start a design group:

Proposed Name:  Aerodynamika Flight Designs

Projects: Pobjoy engined aeroplanes such as Comper Swift, Airspeed Fleet Guardian...

Wanted: experienced modellers, flight dynamicists, panel builders.  

I can handle making the visual model - but recognize my limitations in flight dynamics and panels.  Additional visual modellers will allow the group to work on two or more airplanes at the same time.

or

Wanted: beginner to moderately experienced modellers, flight dynamicists, panel builders to join me in expanding our mutual knowledge of flightsim modelling, using gmax/FSDS2/AD2002   (can be one or more)

I would like to  work towards putting out a new model every two months...

Most "Design groups" develop from contacts and postings in the forums ...  "like minds" and such

So, by all means, I encourage you to start a design group ....  who knows, you might be the ones to give TLUK a run for their "money" ... and they'll be cheering you on!
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jlvandem » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:13 pm

Hey nitrotc3,
jlvandem
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby jlvandem » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:15 pm

Hey nitrotc3,   I was wondering what kind of aircraft you plan on building. I have a Cessna Excel model that'd I'd say is about half done and I really can't get myself to work on it. What kind of stuff do you do? Can you work on models because that's mainly my main setback on finishing the project everything else I can do. Let me know. Thanks.

Jlvandem
jlvandem
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

:-[Re: New Development Team

Postby nitrotc3 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:50 pm

Hey Felix youre right I forgot about asking that stuff (but did you have to go back that far with the 747 :-[ ;D)

Jlvandem:
I plan on making Props, Military maybe, The Big Jets (Boeing, Airbus, etc.) stuff like that.                                                                                                 also I do different types of planes.

Ok let me clear it up what were looking for for designers.

Any experience with GMAX, FSDS/FSDS2,

Wanted: any level designers that can animate/and or make a plane

Deadlines: 1-6 months per plane if possible.

I have more but cant think of it
If My Plane Is Too Loud Then Your Too Old
If My Plane Is Too Quiet to You Your Way To
Old
If My Plane Is a Blur To You Well Your Right Because My Plane Does Mach .950
Its A Sr-71 Blackbird With A 2 GS1253F Engine
What You Got To S
nitrotc3
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Rick Sasala » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:18 pm

Felix, what exactly is a "Pobjoy"?.....Rick Sasala
Rick Sasala

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:55 pm

Pobjoy was an English engineer who designed a number of small displacement geared radial engines, so that the propeller was "offset" towards the "top" from the center ...

It was a popular engine for small planes, and several "larger" planes as well.  If memory serves me right, the Short Scion small "regional" airliner had Pobjoys, as did the GA Fleet Shadower - and ugly 4-engined plane who's purpose was to "shadow" enemy fleets/convoys and land back on carrier... It could land so slow that it didn't need a hook...:)

Felix, what exactly is a "Pobjoy"?.....Rick Sasala
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rick Sasala » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:19 pm

Learn something new every day! Thank You....
Rick Sasala

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design