Cfs2 C47

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Cfs2 C47

Postby Fruitbat » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:14 am

.Hi Folks.
A while ago I downloaded the Gooney.zip from Simviation to enable me to fly the AI C47 in Cfs2. I never managed to get it working. I always got "This aircraft will not initialise" or something similar. I still have the zip and have tried to get it working again with the same results. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Alternatively does anyone know of any other freeware WW2 C47s available?
I have the Spooky.Zip from Simviation, but that is for a later model with a minigun.
I have written a mission specifically for this plane so it would be nice to have an appropriate aircraft to fit it.
Cheers
Fruitbat.
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Cfs2 C47

Postby Hagar » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:30 am

I'm not familiar with Gooney.zip but if it simply converts the default C-47 into a flyable aircraft you should have no problems. This is usually a case of changing the Aircraft Type in the AIR file from 2 to 0 although it won't have a panel & might not perform too well as a flyable aircraft. There are various "AI Aircraft Flyable" files posted in the CFS2 section which do basically the same. The AIR files may or may not be modified to improve performance.

If it's a 3rd party aircraft there is a conflict with some earlier designs & WinXP. This gives an error message similar to the one you describe. This bug can usually be fixed with the MDL Repair Utility here. http://www.simviation.com/fs2000utilities_ess2.htm

PS. I just found Gooney.zip. This is for CFS1 & no use for converting the CFS2 C-47. Try CFS2 Fly instead.
http://www.simviation.com/cfs2misc3.htm
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Cfs2 C47

Postby Fruitbat » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:53 pm

Cheers Hagar.
I've got it now. I had looked everywhere except the misc. folder.
I had forgotten that I'd downloaded some Cfs1 stuff.
If the mission works ok, I'll post it.
Fruitbat.
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design