FSDSv2 problems

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

FSDSv2 problems

Postby rhino_of_stockton » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:05 pm

Im finding using this program a total nightmare (i had a bad experience with gmax before but getting futher with fsds) i can model the fuselage and shape it to the background but i cant scale the background! im having problems creating the windows and the connection between the wing and the fuselage ive had many tutorials but i get lost with them. can anyone give me some tutorials that show how to either build small ga aircraft (had the ones one fsds website) and tutorials on how to build airliners.
thanks for your help
ian blackburn
Don't buy a porche buy a 747-400 instead!
rhino_of_stockton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSDSv2 problems

Postby Hagar » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:57 pm

Scaling backdrops in FSDS2 is comparatively easy. You need to know the dimensions of the aircraft. This earlier thread might help. If not I'll do an illustrated walkthrough. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=airc;action=display;num=1041314998

As for creating different types of aircraft this all comes down to experience. Don't be too ambitious & start with a simple project. You will learn as you go. The wing/fuselage joint does not need to be dead accurate as this will not show in the sim. I can only suggest you follow the tutes in FSDS2 Help. There are also tutes on various subjects posted here. http://www.freeflightdesign.com/tutorials.html

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSDSv2 problems

Postby Felix/FFDS » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:39 pm

the deep dark secret about modelling the wing to fuselage joint ... build the overall wing, build the fuselage....  on GA aircraft if doesn't really matter because usually it's a straight "joint", no fancy smooth molds, etc.  

Where, like on some airliners, there is a wing root fairing, you can usually make another structure to shape it visually.

Remember, you're not building a "real" airplane, just a model meant to "fool the eye"

of course, there are modellers that go for ultra realism and form their fairings, etc., precisely - but for first projects, fool the eye first, then, as you gain experience, go for the accuracy...
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design