:)Fligh dynamics

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

:)Fligh dynamics

Postby guimero » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:07 pm

I have got my plane flying. The only problem that I have is that It can't reach an steady level flight.

It climbs steadily but whe it reaches the altitude for climb the plane will oscillate up and down even with the autopilot.

Does anyone now what to change in the dynamic files in order for this not to happen?

:)
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re:  :)Fligh dynamics

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:21 pm

Flight dynamics is an art/science unto itself.  Assuming you can get it flying with a "seed" flight dynamics (say you're doing a twin jet business jet, get it flying like a LearJet...  THEN start changing around things.

IT could be something as simple as your Center of weight is a bit too far forward or back ... then your fuel points might be off a bit ... etc etc...

In the flightsim modelling programs thread Ian Kerr has posted some interesting links to flight dynamics sites...
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Brett_Henderson » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:03 pm

LOL... I tried creating flight-dynamics from scratch ONCE...   the plane seemed to develope warp-drive and a cloaking device.. and could only hold level flight while "slipping"  20 degrees   :-[
Brett_Henderson
Major
Major

Postby microlight » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:57 pm

Agree with this: I tend to use already-existing dynamics and them modify them to get what I want. I just modifed the fuel tank position in a Boeing to get it to fly level, because at cruise height and speed, the nose was pointing up by about 7 degrees on autopilot, whereas now it's fine - and it lands fine too (fortunately).
:)
microlight
Major
Major

Re:

Postby javier » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:12 pm

Hi there! ;D

I also has the same problems with the flight dynamics until I bought the Aircraft container program, from: http://www.aircraftmanager.com, it has a lot of caracteristics to long to write but I have included an image, to give you an idea:

Also started from a flying .air file and start changing, with the ACM program.  Really Easy.

[img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/ackata2.jpg
[/img]
javier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design