Wheelsteer

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Wheelsteer

Postby ajver » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:19 am

I have studied the example in FSDS2 in detail, and followed the hierarchy as indicated in the help files, but my wheel will not move.  the wheelsteer part is moving in tandem to the rudder, but the gear_lower and wheel is not moving.

Please tell me where I am going wrong.
ajver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Wheelsteer

Postby Felix/FFDS » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:39 am

re-check the gear_lower and wheel "parent's" names.  Make sure you've correctly written in the "parent's" name..
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ajver » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:14 am

Thank you Felix.  I finally got it to work  --  don't ask me how.  I get the impression that animation is very much a hit and miss affair.

Although I have only worked on the nosegear, the right maingear has lost its forward rake in the extended position, and no matter what I do, I can't get it right again.
ajver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JohnP » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:52 am

:)I too use FSDS 2.11 and you can use the tutorials as a good reference. You must experiment a little to get a real "feel" for it, so it really isn't a hit or miss proposition. On your landing gear does it stay straight in FSDS and show properly in FS2002. I have seen that happen. As I was learning FSDS 2, I had to experiment between the two programs to get a good feel for animation. It is a little different from FSDS 1. You should be able to set your gear at 0 in the fuselage and set the raked look at 100 and it should stay there.
Hope this helps a little.
JohnP
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ajver » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:33 am

Thanks for the encouragement JohnP.  When my sense of humour gets a bit low, I call it hit and miss.  I agree, we all have to get used to the new techniques.  It is just sometimes so frustrating if you have done a thing a hundred times and it is still not right, regardless of the tutorials which are not always so explicit.

Incidentally, I have solved my forward rake problem by pure brute force and ignorance.  This makes me unhappy because it is not technically correct.
ajver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design