c.g MAC

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

c.g MAC

Postby guimero » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:24 pm

Hi guys. I am a bit cofused with how does the flight sim works were is the mean aero dynamic center.

This with the center of gravity position are the most important parameters in terms of stability.

I have my plane and I know were  the c.g  and the mean aero center are. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to be a proper way to place the aero center in the air or cfg files. I have changed in the air file several times the paraeter corresponding to the distance between the aero center and cg but it seems to have no effect.

I know that my c.g is fore of my aero center, but when the plane is flying it behaves as  if the c.g was aft the aero center ( unstable).

What i have done is I moved the c.g to 1/4 chord position. this seems to help, and from what I have seen in most planes in fs2002 they do the same which is surely not true in real life. Do they all do this to make sure that the cg is fore the aero center?

Has anyone have a bit more of information in this subject.

It is really time that microsoft publish what is what in the air file!!!!!

:)
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: c.g MAC

Postby RIC_BARKER » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:18 pm

The people to talk to/get info from on all things airfile are www.Avhistory.org, the developers of the 1% airfile system.

They have a forum over there, where you should find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Ric B.
RIC_BARKER
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design