AirEd and helos

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

AirEd and helos

Postby TJ_Gumby » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:18 pm

I'm moding a helo for high altitudes with AirEd, and i was wondering what would be the best things to change. I changed the "horsepower" and "dry weight" and it has much more lift at high altitude, but i was wondering if there's anything else that would help?  
TJ_Gumby
Captain
Captain

Re: AirEd and helos

Postby pete » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:16 pm

Well from my point of view you're into the clouds here ;D

When I was developing an MD900 I asked around all the Heli designers I knew  & my eventual semi solution was to get several heli's with desirable characteristics - open their Air files in AirEd & copy out the relevant sections & paste. You will find - if you are using the B206 as a base - there are several variables not even included in that air file which others have managed to develop (or copy from other fixed wing aircraft & graft in)which can also make a big difference to handling & performance.  ;D

It would be interesting to hear how you get on. What heli is it?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: AirEd and helos

Postby TJ_Gumby » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:14 pm

It's a Bell 407 Alpine Helicopters by Ian Standfast and was made with AF99. I was testing the airfile with a few friends in zone last night and it climbs rather quickly. I think i will probably leave it as is, why mess with with it if it works eh.
I've just released my first scenery for the H_squad http://www.navyair.com/scenery.html and the upper scenery is at 14,770 ft (i like to be differant), and some helos just havn't got the gusto to make it up there. Cheers  
TJ_Gumby
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design