FSDS2 - 2 dumb Q's

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

FSDS2 - 2 dumb Q's

Postby striker » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:57 am

1st I have read & do read the tutorials that came with FSDS2. The 2 questions I have should be  covered in the lessons by Bill Lyons & Jens Winkler but they don't address my problems which must be pretty basic. (I also can't really relate to their way of speaking - it's like reading a foreign language...)

Dumb Q 1
Trying to 'Reset Axis Rotation' but it is always greyed out. Have named part from the Browse button under Part Properties ... But under 'Part' all 3 resets are greyed out no matter what I have tried so far.

Dumb Q 2

Seeing the cabin parts from VC view in FS2002. In FSDS1 there was a box for internal/external/both visability. How do you do this in FS2002?
I can see all the internal parts from the outside but not from the inside..

Thanks
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSDS2 - 2 dumb Q's

Postby Felix/FFDS » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:44 am

Q1 - You first have to apply a rotation to the part, otherwise it will be greyed out.

Q2 - You have to copy the parts you want seen from the inside to a new (VC) model - use shift-m to change from the "main" model to your new model
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby striker » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:30 am

Q1 - You first have to apply a rotation to the part, otherwise it will be greyed out.

Q2 - You have to copy the parts you want seen from the inside to a new (VC) model - use shift-m to change from the "main" model to your new model

Got you on 2! Works great.... but1???

'apply a rotation'??? I have looked all over the help files & this term is not used anywhere that I can find - even the word 'rotation' is hiding somewhere I can't see. Not in the Index (which contains only about 5% of what it should)

All I wish to do is reset the Axis of rotation. My rotor blades are rotating around the X axis instead of the Y
I have followed the tutorials & named the 2 rotor sets & disc as 'prop0_***', etc.

It does rotate VERY slowly & around the wrong axis.  :-[
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:27 am

I do this by first clicking Part/Centre Axis to Part. Then select the Rotate toolbar icon & rotate the axis with Shift + left mouse click. You can move the axis in a similar way. It's a tad tricky to get right & there might be a more accurate method.
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby striker » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:43 am

Thanks guys. Actually I have found another set of tutorials which I find much better. This is under 'Quick Tips'.

I think one confusing thing is the number of repeat tutorials on the same subject by different people. I naturally assumed the tutorial on 'animating parts' was it. In fact there are at least 3 tutorials on animating parts in the FSDS2 Help files.....  ::)
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design