WTF is wrong here??!?!?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

WTF is wrong here??!?!?

Postby Erez » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:29 am

I have been trying to learn Gmax (wanted to buy FSDS, went to Abacus site, looked for a store in Israel, found one called them and guess what? that's right! they never heard of it! >:( ) so from time to time I go inside and try my luck. I want to design a helicopter, the OH-X Ninja, so I turned it on and saw this:
the all program, including the viewports are working but I can't see a damn thing! and it happens everytime I go in!
Please help me! I even reintalled Gmax 3 times! and it used to work well before this bug :-[
Thanks
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: WTF is wrong here??!?!?

Postby BMan1113VR » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:56 pm

sorry that i can't help you in gmax, but for fsds, you can order it offline
Sincerely,
Me

SimV NFL 2006-2007 Season Pool Co-Champion (157-99; 9-2)
SimV NFL 2005-2006 Season Pool Co-Champion (163-93)
SimV NFL 2004-2005 Season Pool Champion (1
BMan1113VR
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:57 pm

go to your gmax icon ... right-click - select "properties" in the "shortcut" tab, check that your shorcut is something like "C:\gmax\gmax.exe -h"

the "-h" is the important part

Basically, you should get  a little dialog that asks you to set your video driver... "Heidi",  "Open GL" "DirectX" ..  select "Heidi" ...

Hopefully that should cure it.   YOu can experiment with the others, too..

I have been trying to learn Gmax (wanted to buy FSDS, went to Abacus site, looked for a store in Israel, found one called them and guess what? that's right! they never heard of it! >:( ) so from time to time I go inside and try my luck. I want to design a helicopter, the OH-X Ninja, so I turned it on and saw this:

the all program, including the viewports are working but I can't see a damn thing! and it happens everytime I go in!
Please help me! I even reintalled Gmax 3 times! and it used to work well before this bug :-[Thanks
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Erez » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:39 am

MMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
THANK YOU!!! it's actually helped!
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design