canards problem

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

canards problem

Postby guimero » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:26 am

hi I am maneging to model the flight dynamics of my plane which has canards. :)

The only problem now is that, when I move the joystick down the plane pitches up and when I move joystick up then it pitches down. :o

Does anyone know how to solve this?
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: canards problem

Postby striker » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:44 pm

Have you assigned them as 'elevator' ?
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby guimero » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:58 pm

it is not an animation problem. The animation is fine. Is a dynamics problem when I fly the plane. Instead of going up when I pull the joystick it goes down.
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Erez » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:14 am

I can't help you, because I don't have (almost) a clue in designing, but, can you say what is the aircraft's name?
Erez
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby JohnP » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:54 am

:)Canards function like elevators, except they are used in some supersonic aircraft during low speeds, such as in landings. Therefore, your motions are correct, if they move like an elevator, in pusing the planes nose up or down. If the animation part is correct, along with the proper "tags", you are right in the air.cfg and aircraft.cfg files. Especially, when your plane is moving in the opposite direction then your joystick. You might look at microsoft's concorde, which uses canards and see how the air and aircraft files were done. From what I see, there is really nothing in there that would reverse direction. You could also look at the aircraft container sdk from microsoft to see if there is anything.
Hope this helps a little. :)
Last edited by JohnP on Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnP
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Glitch » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:16 am

Seems to me either my stick profiler or the game itself has a reverse axis choice you might check into as a last resort fix.
Pendercafts.com Downloads for Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, addons for FS2002 and FS2004 and videos too
Glitch
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby guimero » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:51 pm

Thanks for your replyes guys.

Well first this is not an existing aircraft. This is a conceptual design that we are doing as part as our aeronautics degree. And it is not a supersonic one.

The problem is not an animation problem, as for this I reverse the axis so canards move the way that they have to move.

I think what I have to do is to simulate the as an a horizontal stabilizer, this is what most people have done for a canard configuration plane within FSsim

:)
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design