.air .cfg files

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

.air .cfg files

Postby guimero » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:07 pm

Hi I have edited my cfg file with notepad. Do I have to edit the airfile too? For example have I got to put again all the dimensions for wing etc.... Or does the FS2002 first reads the cfg file and if it finds the data in the cfg file then it will not use the one in the air file?

:)
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: .air .cfg files

Postby Felix/FFDS » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:58 pm

Some values are read by FS2002 directly from the *.air file, but the corresponding values in the aircraft.cfg file will override the *.air file values.  So, if you adjust the gear lengths, etc, in the cfg file, these values will override whatever you had in the air file.

What some folks will also do is set the air file values, and not inlcude the corresponding values in the aircraft.cfg section, and let the FS2002 read and update the aircraft.cfg.   As an example, download an FS2000 model - that's not been "run though" in FS2002.  Make a copy of the aircraft.cfg file (you won't have a [contact.points] section, for example).  Open it in FS2002, and then go back and look at the aircraft.cfg file.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design