FSDS2 magic

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

FSDS2 magic

Postby ajver » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:54 am

Since a transparent part built with FSDS2 switches between transparent and opaque in FS2002, I tried applying a transparent texture to the cockpit windows.  It works beautifully  --  you can see the background behind the aircraft right through the cockpit windows, but the pilot is gone.

Now this is magic!!
ajver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSDS2 magic

Postby celso gamboa » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 pm

I have the same problem
Im trying to repaint the piper pa-140 fron rien corneliessen
celso gamboa

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:39 am

MAke sure your transparent parts are at the end of the "list".  The easiest way to do these is to cut the transparent part, out and immediately paste it.

You can also make a part file merge list and reorder the parts in the accompanying text file, then "merge the project into a blank project....

[quote]Since a transparent part built with FSDS2 switches between transparent and opaque in FS2002, I tried applying a transparent texture to the cockpit windows.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ajver » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:40 am

Felix, I would have thought tat the best way to get the canopy at the bottom of the "list" would be to call it a zanopy  --  it should go there automatically.  (Just joking).

Surely, there must be something wrong somewhere.  It should not be necessary to do the manipulations that you described  --  which left me lost anyway.
ajver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design