Animation Help Please.

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Animation Help Please.

Postby JRbuda » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm

I am building an Aircraft with Gmax for FSX and I am having trouble animating the tail feathers. I was able to do it many years ago for an FA-18E that I did but it was for FS2002. needless to say with the new animation tags and vary little info, I cant get the tags to work. I tried using lever_throttle but it is not working. Not sure what else to use. I also want to animate the afterburners and I think that I can do that using n1 tag. any help will be appreciated.
JRbuda
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Animation Help Please.

Postby alrot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi
Your question does no specify whaty SDK you are using, If you are using FSX-SDK , This is not like FS2002 or FS9 you no longer need to specify by name the part like "lever_throttle" You need to install the FSX gamepack for gmax,make the animation part and then in the new tab name "FS Tools" you need to choose Animation manager,select what animation is it, In this pic I'm showing ,Then select frames Example: 0-100..

This requires a lot of new knowledge this already very old FSX-SDK works quite diferent than FS9 ,I will recomend you to seek the tutorial included in the FSX-SDK ,..

Hope It helps

Alex
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JRbuda » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 pm

alrot wrote:Hi
Your question does no specify whaty SDK you are using, If you are using FSX-SDK , This is not like FS2002 or FS9 you no longer need to specify by name the part like "lever_throttle" You need to install the FSX gamepack for gmax,make the animation part and then in the new tab name "FS Tools" you need to choose Animation manager,select what animation is it, In this pic I'm showing ,Then select frames Example: 0-100..

This requires a lot of new knowledge this already very old FSX-SDK works quite diferent than FS9 ,I will recomend you to seek the tutorial included in the FSX-SDK ,..

Hope It helps

Alex

Thanks Alex

I am using FSX SDK and I have read all the info that came with it. I am not trying to animate the rudder, I am trying to animate the exhaust blades so that they open and close as you increase and decrease thrust. That is why I used the throttle lever animation key. Yet it will not work.
JRbuda
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby alrot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:02 am

the animation would be Lever_Prop_Pitch1
Each blade would have to be duplicated into two pieces ,the two stages of the speed "Still & Normal "

here is

This is quite difficult for me to explain when there's a lot you must know,.. especially for non native english speaker like me ,..There is a source file DC-3 that comes with the SDK for 3d max 7inside the Disc 1,.. And someone else converted into Gmax file, see if you can find it in google (Gmax DC-3 ) and download it,.. its a small file ..

Alex
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design