WIP - Authentic Bell 47 soundpack!

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

WIP - Authentic Bell 47 soundpack!

Postby christopherbritton » Sat May 14, 2016 2:56 pm

As a scenery developer, this project is a major change (and learning experience) from what I'm use to. In late 2014, my dad came into possession of a Bell 47-d1, (like the M*A*S*H helicopter) which we use to run tours out of our watersports business in Navarre, FL. Last year, it had occurred to me that anyone had yet to make an authentic soundset for Flysimware's Bell 47 helicopter. Having access to the aircraft on almost a daily basis, I decided to take this dilemma into my own hands and learn the basics of soundpack creation. Over a year, I toyed around with different sound packs, dissected them, read documents, and learned what made everything click. Earlier this week, I finally felt confident enough to rework the sound.cfg I had already started for this project. I have ran into many bumps, sure, but so far I am quite pleased with what I have created. (Even though it still has a ways to go before release) I will be going out to record some more external sounds next weekend, but for now, here is a wip video of the soundpack accompanied by some footage of N3575:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSgWNdBldU

Notice: This is a WIP, and by no means the finished product.

-CB
christopherbritton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: WIP - Authentic Bell 47 soundpack!

Postby Flacke » Sat May 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Hello Chris, thanks for posting this for us. I have flown in a Bell-47 and the sounds you put together reminded me very well of the real aircraft. I like your "Army" Helo and it must be nice to have that available. Keep up the great work and I hope to see more from you in here in the future.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FlexibleFlier » Sat May 14, 2016 5:17 pm

I'm really looking forward to this.

After 5000+ hours of fixed wing flying I got my helicopter rating in a Bell 47-G2 with the old wooden blades. Best thing that ever happened to me...I never looked back and went on to another 5000+ hours in helicopters.

I've been flying the Flysimware version since it came out; the newest version is actually pretty good. Your hard work is going to make it a real pleasure. So, thanks in advance for doing this.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Sun May 15, 2016 1:54 am

I been foolin' around with sum of my Heli's in FSX again, after years of not flyin' them.

I just go thru fiddling with 9 of my Bell 206 Long Rangers, tweaking them and changing & adding textures and changing the Glass Textures & re-painting Glass Textures so they'll have a brownish tint sum have a bluish/ green tint.

Repainting sum interiors and touching up sum exteriors as well.

Finished up doing sum repainting on the ENSTROM Heli' a few days ago, heres a Video of one if them I made ,,,,,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn0L3FcpX70[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Sun May 15, 2016 9:39 am

Jetranger wrote:I been foolin' around with sum of my Heli's in FSX again, after years of not flyin' them.

I just go thru fiddling with 9 of my Bell 206 Long Rangers, tweaking them and changing & adding textures and changing the Glass Textures & re-painting Glass Textures so they'll have a brownish tint sum have a bluish/ green tint.

Repainting sum interiors and touching up sum exteriors as well.

Finished up doing sum repainting on the ENSTROM Heli' a few days ago, heres a Video of one if them I made ,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn0L3FcpX70

Excelent Quality video :clap: :clap: :clap: I watched in Full Screen (1280 by 800 pixels, 32-bit colour). That was a VERY rough landing!! :pray: :pray: :pray:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Sun May 15, 2016 9:55 am

christopherbritton wrote:As a scenery developer, this project is a major change (and learning experience) from what I'm use to. In late 2014, my dad came into possession of a Bell 47-d1, (like the M*A*S*H helicopter) which we use to run tours out of our watersports business in Navarre, FL. Last year, it had occurred to me that anyone had yet to make an authentic soundset for Flysimware's Bell 47 helicopter. Having access to the aircraft on almost a daily basis, I decided to take this dilemma into my own hands and learn the basics of soundpack creation. Over a year, I toyed around with different sound packs, dissected them, read documents, and learned what made everything click. Earlier this week, I finally felt confident enough to rework the sound.cfg I had already started for this project. I have ran into many bumps, sure, but so far I am quite pleased with what I have created. (Even though it still has a ways to go before release) I will be going out to record some more external sounds next weekend, but for now, here is a wip video of the soundpack accompanied by some footage of N3575:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSgWNdBldU

Notice: This is a WIP, and by no means the finished product.

-CB

Your Bell 47 sounds are VERY REAL!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Very good real takes too :dance:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jetranger » Sun May 15, 2016 2:11 pm

How Awful, that guy fell out of that other guys Airplane :o

Happens to me all the time, people fall out of my Helicopters when flying !!

Just the other , a whole Entire Family fell out of my Heli, while touring Shark infested waters :o :naughty:

Luckily for me they paid me in advance for the flight :roll: :lol: :lol: Suckers :lol: :lol:

I'm available if anybody wants to go Heli' Flying ??? :pray:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Sun May 15, 2016 11:17 pm

That Bell 47 is right up the road from my home town of Pensacola. That is so cool to have that sound with the right model.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby christopherbritton » Mon May 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Due to unforeseen complications on the day I had set up to record the remaining sounds for this project, I am now a week behind. I am however happy to say, this past Saturday, (exactly a week later) I was able to get my hands on a Bell 47 G-2 and finished recording the needed sounds. I'll try to throw another short video up before release. Due to the amount of personal funds I have had to throw into this project over the last week, I am now leaning more towards a payware release. If so, pricing will be complimentary to that of most soundpacks on the market. Hopefully this won't come as a major discouragement to those interested, but in this case free would actually not be free on my part.

Thanks to all who have been interested in this project so far. I will deliver this much awaited soundpack to the flightsim community. In fact, I'm hoping by sometime in this upcoming month.

Chris Britton
Emerald Scenery Design
http://emeraldscenerydesign.com/
christopherbritton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby FlexibleFlier » Mon May 30, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm always happy to reward hard work so my wallet is open.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby christopherbritton » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Final video before release. <<s

https://youtu.be/LQ_SQRdPowI
christopherbritton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:38 am

Terrific and very well done. Congrats on great job.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby christopherbritton » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Released! It will also be available on FSPilotShop in a few days. (Well, should be at least)
http://www.store.emeraldscenerydesign.c ... or-fsxp3d/
christopherbritton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm

As Jackie Gleason use to say "How sweet it is" great job pal. You have a gifted talent. Thanks for your time and thinking of us old FSXers that love great sound. homeboy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:02 am

Just bought this, very pleased indeed. :clap: :clap: Transformed a great Bell 47 into a superb one, well done sir. :dance: :dance:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design