CAD file to .mdl

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: CAD file to .mdl

Postby Azframer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:17 pm

This guy by far does the best job of showing you how to do windows in a round fuselage. To bad he is on a Apple computer designing for X-plane.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 925CF9169C

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Kind of stuck in the hospital with my son and have not been able to do much work on the cockpit lately. Son has walking Pneumonia. shows signs of doing okay then set backs with IV. Had posted my work on the Facebook page for the SkySpirit 777 page and the guy who did the model said I could use his window frames for my cockpit. I told him if I did I would credit him.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Well just yesterday I have polyps removed from nasal cavity hard to work with your nose feeling like it is on fire. I will be getting back to work on it as soon as I am able to think again about anything other than this burning.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Fri May 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Wanting to get back to this project I did pull the Window Frame Glass and Wipers from Hiroshi's model and scaled it to fit profile of windows outline on my drawings in position I need to do some tuning on my fuselage section and some knife action a little prying here and there. But have now saved at this point due to eyes burning. I will step it up as my eyes begin to let me do more.

Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon May 23, 2016 11:24 am

Just started back into this project this morning, new pictures could be coming soon. A lot of work ahead of me today, I started the center console radio stack lots and lots of buttons and knobs. This section alone could take a while. After that I will be moving forward to throttle, spoiler and flaps area. Toughest row to hoe so to speak.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Finally back at it again and one interruption after another. But progress is moving along little at a time. getting close to getting this done in 2D and will soon be adding depth to it in 3D. Last dr appointment tomorrow, post op. All is well, I can breathe now, eyes are almost 100% of what they were. Start and stop has been helping with eye strain. Improving a lot.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 am

So I get where I am almost ready to start lofting things into 3D and noticed some thing with phone and had to move it forward. I was going by what was drawings in the PDF and went to pictures to get more of the details. I found that where the paper out feed is actually inset and will be making that adjustment tomorrow. along with a few other lines need to be moved forward, need to make inset parts where connectors hold each piece of the electronics in place. Very time consuming, cross checking trying to get things right before lofting.
Still working at it

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:27 am

Today I started lofting some of this. Just a quick post.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:01 am

Looking great! Very impressive so far. Just make sure you don't go so far into minute detail that it becomes an unfinishable project!!

I really want to see this come out of the workshop and into the virtual skies where it belongs!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Azframer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:19 pm

pete wrote:Looking great! Very impressive so far. Just make sure you don't go so far into minute detail that it becomes an unfinishable project!!

I really want to see this come out of the workshop and into the virtual skies where it belongs!

I really want it to be something to be proud of, like the looks of the old POSKY version. Going to join those items that will not be animated hoping it will not rob frame rates. so much. This project will take some time to complete the way I want it. I hope my lack of some understanding of things does not come back to bite me in a bad way.
I do want the VC actions to work like the 2D panel works, and not be like the VC in the POSKY version is almost non working with the blink rate or what ever you want to call it. Complete PITA to operate VC and I end up switching back and forth.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Hello Azframer. I sincerely hope that you and your Son get back to good health quickly. Take care, and good luck on your projects as well.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Flacke wrote:Hello Azframer. I sincerely hope that you and your Son get back to good health quickly. Take care, and good luck on your projects as well.

Thanks Flacke we are both back to good health now. Son is completely over his, and my polyps were removed out of my nasal cavity and I am now breathing through my nose again. Splints were taken out and made it that much better, then next visit packing was suctioned out and it even got better after that.
Eyes are handling the computer now and now have gotten back to work on this project and getting more work done.

Thanks
Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks Azframer for your quick update on the health status of your Son and yourself. Even though I don't know you in person I do want only the best for you and your family. Your procedures sound like quite an ordeal and you must be glad to have that over with. Take care and stay healthy so that you can impress us with your work.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 am

A little more done, of course I have stayed up too late getting this done.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Some more screen captures of what I got done last night.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design