CAD file to .mdl

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: CAD file to .mdl

Postby Dave T » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:52 pm

I would have look at some of Krispy1001 posts on using Blender posted in Aircraft & 3D Design and good look with your project.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Pretty hazy today, just flew in on A320 this morning.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Dave T wrote:I would have look at some of Krispy1001 posts on using Blender posted in Aircraft & 3D Design and good look with your project.

Thanks a lot Dave that is exactly what I needed. I spent most of the day watching Krispy1001 video's on YouTube. I even imported my model strait into Blender and it even recognized my material from Turbo CAD. All psrts are individual parts that can be manipulated when I figure blender out a little more.

Thanks a ton
Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby BlueSkies » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:19 am

Wow !!!

That Arizona scenery would take some beating wouldn't it.
Simply stunning. :)
Just love it.
BlueSkies

Postby Azframer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 am

BlueSkies wrote:Wow !!!

That Arizona scenery would take some beating wouldn't it.
Simply stunning. :)
Just love it.

You think that is something? The red marker is where our house is, now look at what is in top left corner of the picture. The cliffs to the south and west of of our house, about 1.4 miles away, they are gorgeous. Open range, we ride horses out there to gather cattle up.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:32 am

Good luck with Blender I have it installed but have not used it yet, the last time I used a CAD program was at college. Some of the animated videos using blender are stunning but beyond my capabilities. I have the Aerosim 787 and it was a bit expensive but the Vc is nicely done and the cabin views with the LCD tinting windows is a cool animation.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:30 am

This is the version I have. Mine is TurboCAD 18 pro Platinum.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vB5TgvTtg[/youtube]

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:18 am

First attempt at doing a 3D model for a cockpit. It is going to be huge, I may end up being a hero, or a laughing stock. We will see. Both boxes and rudder pedals for each side. Just have to pick a spot and work my way through it.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:17 am

It is going to be tough to get the upper most part of the yoke. I am scratching my head trying to which shapes I put together to make them. I will figure it out in time, I always do. Debating whether or not to put the embossed 777 on the clip board like what is on the clip board of the 777. But I moved to center console until it clicks in my head. Dancing around that PDF for the numbers I need and checking pictures as I go.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 pm

I can't wait to see how it turns out, plenty of high resolution pictures of 787 cockpits on the web this one has a nice shot of the yokes http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 743848.jpg dave
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:08 am

Dave T wrote:I can't wait to see how it turns out, plenty of high resolution pictures of 787 cockpits on the web this one has a nice shot of the yokes http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 743848.jpg dave

I Have a bunch of pictures, added that one as well, it is just figuring which shapes to put together and what shapes to use to take away until you have the desired shape. The knobs have a multitude of contours. I'll get it eventually.

Thanks, Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Update for tonight.

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 am

Your projects moving along nicely. I have just started playing around with blender for the first time and watching some of the tutorials. I will need to install the fsx SDK which I forgot to install initially, now have fsx gold with acceleration installed and have been looking on a few forums to find out if you can install the sdk after installation of both fsx and acceleration without causing any problems so far no definitive post on any of forums I have visited have an answer.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:12 am

Dave T wrote:Your projects moving along nicely. I have just started playing around with blender for the first time and watching some of the tutorials. I will need to install the fsx SDK which I forgot to install initially, now have fsx gold with acceleration installed and have been looking on a few forums to find out if you can install the sdk after installation of both fsx and acceleration without causing any problems so far no definitive post on any of forums I have visited have an answer.

My progress with CAD has slowed, I installed blender and have been wanting to transition to it hoping I would be able to replicate the 777 yoke easier in Blender. But being that I have installed version 2.76b and none of the FSX tools are showing at all. Every nook and cranny that has the add-on script where you are supposed to paste those files I did it. Still no tools, bummed out right now.
Either way I am going to need that program to complete the process.

I am running FSX acceleration and SDK with no problems. I was thinking of seeing if someone might give me a link to an older version of Blender so I can go ahead and see if it is the newer version causing my headaches on this end.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:01 am

Which version of Blender do you need? You should find it here --> https://www.blender.org/download/previous-versions/

I've been watching your progress with interest. Well done so far.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design