CAD file to .mdl

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: CAD file to .mdl

Postby Dave T » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Does it come with the Boeing hairy seat cushions? I think I will need a lot more time to figure Blender out Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Well I have yet to figure out that texture issue yet in Cad, I am sure I could find it somewhere, have not really looked for it yet.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Well it is going to be slow going from here on out. I have all the smaller detailed items to go updates will be further apart from here to the end unless I get a real handle on blender as the days go by. But I thought I would leave you with these. 2 screen grabs. Besides I have a appointment coming up to remove nasal polyps soon, maybe I will be able to breathe better afterwards.
Cheers
Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:14 pm

I don't think your arms go past the cushions, on the real seats they have a round bar that extends them past the seat cushions. looking good now you have all the fiddly stuff and blender to contend with.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Dave T wrote:I don't think your arms go past the cushions, on the real seats they have a round bar that extends them past the seat cushions. looking good now you have all the fiddly stuff and blender to contend with.

Yea I had noticed the arms behind the cushions in the up position. The bars extend out to give clearance on the cushions when down, the bars are actually splined I do believe.

Up position
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 071750.jpg

Down position
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... t_deck.jpg

My details show more splines than shown in last picture. Mine were made with 16 point spline.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 am

That looks really awkward to use, thanks for the information Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Dave having them tucked back behind the cushion would work for me, less clumsy people like me would have to deal with.

Bad news here, I will be offline for a while, being a 100% off the grid the worst thing ever happened yesterday. We have been having blowing fine sand for like 4 days and it got into our inverter and shorted it out. Until we get it fixed I will be limited on how much I can work on this project and certainly how much I go online. I will check in from time to time when we go to town. For sure I will be in town on the 6th April.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:00 am

Fantastic progress there Rick.
I often feel I should get back into design (I created a couple back in FS2000 days) - but for me it would still be FSDS. Your project is very encouraging.
I found it was a skill thing - in that you learn a lot from mistakes.

Hope to see it coming along! :clap:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 pm

pete wrote:Fantastic progress there Rick.
I often feel I should get back into design (I created a couple back in FS2000 days) - but for me it would still be FSDS. Your project is very encouraging.
I found it was a skill thing - in that you learn a lot from mistakes.

Hope to see it coming along! :clap:

Thank you o much for the words of encouragement. Blender seems to a bit more easier to manage than the old Gmax stuff I have looked at. I will be transitioning into Blender for the duration and will be leaning on Krispy 1001 in the future I am sure.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:40 am

I got a little time in today and was able to get this done, I did try in Blender and was getting confused when I was trying to duplicate the knobs and yet my panels ended up distorted. So I got ticked off and went back to CAD. I will have to get Blender figured out sooner or later.
Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 am

Blender confused me as well still trying to get to grips with it making an animated cartoon dog. If I ever get to grips with it I would like to have a go at a Stemme s10 glider.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 am

Yea if I get it figured out I will finish this project and then have a shot at Skip Stewart's plane, the newest version with rounded front leading edge tips.
Rick

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/3 ... UcfZAtQ%3D
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 am

That looks good, I think Irissimulations did the straight wing edge version of this plane Irissimulations Prometheus.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Well I think I got all of the panels connected to auto pilot done, will be focusing on the MIP Main Instrument Panel next. And the loading the 2 into Blender.
After that I will work my way down the center console.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Well I had to get them placed and a picture posted of them in place as well, after this off to work on the MIP.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design