Wanted FSX/P3D Beech Starship. Will pay well, real $

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Wanted FSX/P3D Beech Starship. Will pay well, real $

Postby hughbetcha » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Greetings!
Thanx for taking the time to read this. I hope you're someone that has the time and the requisite skills to help, or maybe you know someone that can.

I've waited a loong time for someone to create a really good looking/flying Beech Starship for FSX. The last one I've seen was, sadly, not so much, and by today's standards even less so. This beautiful, incredible aircraft demands a fresh start. Now that I'm using P3D, both flight simulation and the available hardware's getting even better. The things available to fly today are amazing, and remarkably closer to that suspension-of-disbelief I enjoy so much. So, I'm asking for someone who's willing to make a really -nice- Starship.

The tools available today could produce a beautifully rendered Starship, with a great bespoke VC and a flight model that's as accurate as reasonably possible. I can help with beta-testing the flight model, and I'm willing to pay well for this airplane, US $. If it's really good, you could earn even more. I'm certain there's a lot more sim-flyers that would like to have a beautiful Starship, done with today's tools.

Are you that person?
-hb
hughbetcha
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Wanted FSX/P3D Beech Starship. Will pay well, real $

Postby hughbetcha » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 pm

I forgot to note that I've got/had/tried the most recent Starship posted on Simviation. It's passable, but I believe someone could do substantially more, better. It needs to evolve.
hughbetcha
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:50 am

When you say you'll pay well - I hope you're talking $1000's ?? O0

This is how much it costs to produce a payware aircraft -- & how much the developer(s) will earn from it

& freeware developers (who are sometimes just as good) do things THEY want and I have never been aware of any freeware aircraft being made to a request (it takes 100's man hours to make an aircraft - sometimes more)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hughbetcha » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm assuming your reply was intended kindly, though it does read sorta snarky. Regardless, it's information I consider useful. Thanks. ;)
I wasn't exactlyy aware of how much an individual might get for making a sim aircraft, didn't think it was quite that much. I'd been thinking in the range of $200-$300USD for something modest. If I had the requisite skills, that would be fair, IMHO. Sadly, I don't. Oh well...
I don't expect photorealistic skins, for example, and I figured that since I haven't seen the actual Starship cockpit, something borrowed and modded a little to fit was in order. More would certainly be great, but for what I can offer, I expect to do little more than drive the evolution of the sim Starship to a bit higher level. There are a number of VERY nicely done VC's in freeware, at least a couple approaching the LOD of payware models. I believe that if someone -does- go all out with the work, that individual should have little problem selling it to one of the big-time addon makers, thus making it even more available/profitable. I'd be happy to see that my seed money grew into a bigger payday for someone. I had -hoped- that someone, perhaps those that made the most recent evolution of Starship, might spot this post and decide someday to revisit/revise it, to give it a little more depth. I believe, too, that there may be others out there with an interest.
Me, I'm just one retired ol' fart who no longer passes his medical, and other than days I can fly with someone else, I'm strictly a virtual aviatorr. I enjoy many of the best addon a/c on P3D, and built a very nice compooter to run it WFO on, with a 60in. monitor, TrackIR, premium controls, the works. I enjoy the hobby, plus sim flying makes gettin' up to pee or havin' a beer substantially easier and amuses the 'ol lady to boot. I've enjoyed flight sims since the very first M$/BAO Flight Simulator was released, the first thing I saw on a compooter that I actually saw some fun in and wanted. I've enjoyed upgrading my compooters and seeing the evolution of the software since, playing happily with my toys, real and virtual, despite what the wife says. <g> I've seen a few different sim models of the Beech Starship through the years, becoming more detailed as the hard- and software platforms for it evolve. Seeing the number of incredibly detailed aircraft models available today, both from big companies and individual freeware modelers, I'd been certain there'd be an exceptional Starship for FSX, or P3D. As pretty as the thing is, how unique and rare even when still flying, I'm really surprised there isn't one. We have awesomely detailed 737's, 777's, etc., but alas, no Starship of comparable quality.(No offense offered to the makers of the most recent freeware Starship.)
So, thanks for the reply. the info is appreciated. Honestly, I don't quite expect to hear from someone who both CAN and WILL take an interest in making this sim aircraft. Given that none of the sim addon "bigs" aren't making one, there's likely less interest than I'd hoped, though has any of those companies EVER asked us, the users of their software, and flight simmers generally, just what WE would like to see from them? Are we all just (air)bus drivers or fighter pukes? My Dad always told me I'd better ask for what I want, thus the initial post here. Maybe it'll make something happen, maybe not, but at least I tried, and offer what $ my govt. retirement permits.
Good luck to you, and to all the readers and fellow simmers.
Peace.
-hb
hughbetcha
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:03 am

No not meant in any way snarky .... just that some folk don't seem to realise how much time is involved in creating an aircraft. I've never seen an aircraft created by request in all the time I've been here (since 1997). There have been many many requests - 100's. (it may have happened? Who knows ..)

It's a hobby. I'm a classic car lover but would only ever buy and do up something I really loved. Same with creating an aircraft for FS. I've only ever seen creations that are a fav of those who make them .... I created a few back in the days of FS2000/2002 but they were aircraft I personally loved ....
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pegger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am

There is a starship known as version 5.1 floating around the internet. Freeware by Mike Stone. That may be the one that you have already referred to as being sub-par by todays standards though.

There was also a group known as Archangel that started a starship project some years back. Know idea if it ever evolved to anything though.

So as an alternate, and your willingness to reward a developer for such a creation, maybe you could approach one of the existing top notch companies into making one. Approach them with a business plan, and offer to help start a crowd fund or something like that. Maybe they can give you a dollar amount that they deem to be necessary to start the project. Just throwing out an option that might help you get the plane you desire.

This is no shot at you, but in general there are those that want something, and there are those that do something to get it. I would propose that the later are more likely to succeed.

Good luck in your endeavours if you choose to drive this development to the point of commencement.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:38 am

pete wrote:No not meant in any way snarky .... just that some folk don't seem to realise how much time is involved in creating an aircraft. I've never seen an aircraft created by request in all the time I've been here (since 1997). There have been many many requests - 100's. (it may have happened? Who knows ..)

There's a first time for everything! :D

Krispy1001 is working on a Trike in the "Desperate Aircraft Request" thread. It's looking very good, too! Krispy1001 also has a great set of "Blender to FSX" tutorials which beat the socks off of most tutorials I've seen for any 3D program.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:04 pm

I know it ain't the Star Ship exactly, but have you seen this from Eagle rotor craft ????

http://eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_p180.php
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design