Undesired Nose--Down pitch in flight.

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Undesired Nose--Down pitch in flight.

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:38 pm

stephan wrote:A VINCENT? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Paul !!!!!!!!!!!! That bike,especially the Black Shadow is a legend here! Most of us would kill for one !!!!!!!! AND the Ariel Square 4 ! You lucky person! To be able to say you had one. I'd give my left....... leg for one! ;) // // https://www.google.com/search?q=ariel+s ... CAYQ_AUoAQ

Chee4rs Steph...!

I know we are drifting off the subject slightly...

...but its FUN!... :dance: ...!

It was a toss-up between the Ariel Square 4 and the Vincent at the time, to use either solo, or with the family in the a Side-car.
The Square 4 occasionally had problems with overheating on the two rear cylinders (air-cooled), so I finally opted for my HRD,
which actually gave me more problems than all my many other British bikes put together!
( HRD....Howard R. Davies, before Phil Vincent took the business over).
After the total reliability of the Japanese machines which I have had since, I have no nostalgia wishes for old British Bikes any more... :lol: ...!
I already have a 1996 Honda CB500RR Twin, and a 1984 Yamaha 2-stroke single....
I'm just looking out for a nice Yamaha XVS Dragstar now, (Star=US Market, Dragstar=UK Market) ready for next Summer rides!
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Drags ... 28&bih=813

Things in common.....Motorbikes and Sopwith Camels...Both invoke wind in the hair and flies in the teeth!.... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Hahahaha!!!! The flies in the teeth. So true.But...nutritious !!! The real fast food,for people on the go! I had completely forgotten about the Square4 overheating. Heck...I hadnt even thought of the S4 in over 30 years! Your bringing up the Vincent reminded me of it. I LOVE Limey bikes (no disrespect intended...that's what we Yanks call 'em here,affectionately.) Even some outlaw bike clubs permitted them as long as they were 650cc or larger,when they wouldnt tolerate ANY Jap bike any where near the club,LOL. I had a couple Triumph 650's back in the day and treated them like dirt bikes.Beat them to death! And still,they came back for more. Now these days,the Japs do put out a good bike.But I'll always be an American or Brit bike fan. Here in the U.S., at some of our outlaw club sponsored swap meets,they even sacrifice Jap bikes to the Harley God.Usually,on the last day of the swap meet,someone places a Jap bike in the center of the meet area,and they set it on fire.The fire is fed fuel until it gets so hot that all aluminum melts down and there's nothing left but a big lump of metal and ash. Hahahaha. Sure...we got off track a bit. I figured the admin might repost this thread somewhere else in the forum,but Paul,it IS fun,and a good time talking with you. For me,you are THE Simviation figurehead. Glad we can have these occasional chats. :)
stephan

Postby jcj78 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Bet. I've seen half a dozen Norton Commandos. Never actually seen a Vincent Black Shadow.

One of my best friends is the finance manager at Rocket City Harley Davidson. About twice a year he calls me and says "Get down here and look at what rolled in for a visit......."
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:21 am

My bro in law had a Norton 850 Commando and a 750 Norton Ranger. The Ranger was a joint effort by he and I to make a super bike. We did the job.Had so much compression it backfired when I went to kick start it and it threw me bodily OVER the handlebars and almost destroyed my knee. We had to fabricate retainers that mounted directly to the jugs because the stock retainers wouldnt hold the pipes on.We'd blow the exhaust pipes off the heads when we'd crank the throttle. He ended up selling both to a cop in our home town.From there,they ended up at a Norton collectors possession .
stephan

Previous

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design