Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby TheSkySurfer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:21 pm

I was searching the web for something else and came across this post.
If it is helpful, I am a current Quicksilver pilot/owner in Kansas.
I am edging closer to 1,000 hours in type and will probably reach that this Summer.
I am also a professional movie maker.
I have a good number of POV movies posted of me flying my MXL+ on my YouTube Channel.
I know a LOT about the Quicksilver MXL/Sport design from working on it and flying it. I also owned an MX in the 80's.
If I can be of service you can contact me from my website:
fitzvideo.com
From there you can find my email address.
It is also a jump off point to an extensive YouTube Channel covering Ultralights and Vintage Airplanes and to Sky Surfing - The Flite Blog™ where I cover my many Sky Safaris around Kansas and Oklahoma in my Ultralight.
Blue Skies & Tailwinds!™
Brian FitzGerald - The Sky Surfer
TheSkySurfer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Of course it will help! We're making an approximation, but not an exact copy of the Quicksilver Mx Sport. (For copyright reasons) Its an inspiration, because it is the essence of what we are trying to capture. Open air,tube frame, wire braced, ultralight beauty! I'm a huge fan of the Quicksilvers, and actually just came within a hairs width of ordering a brand new Sport 2 SE. The new SLSA. The only thing that stopped me is that there are no hangars available near me. Anyway, post a link to your youtube channel, Im betting I'm already subscribed, but Id love to see...
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:22 am

tomvaillencourt wrote:Anyway, post a link to your youtube channel, Im betting I'm already subscribed, but Id love to see...

This is Sky Surfer's website with links to his email & Youtube channel. http://fitzvideo.com/

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 am

Found it after visiting his site. Thanks! Nice videos!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Found a pilot donation in blender format!!!

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 pm

After asking around, I found a neat pilot on a blender user forum, I'm assuming he can be scaled to fit the aircraft? He's dressed just right for it!

The artist, Witold Jaworski, gave permission to use it!

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... ft-project
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Tom!

Here are some images of what I have done so far.

Things I still need to model.

Fuel tank, muffler, control cables, brake cables, and instrument cluster with airspeed, altitude, and compass. Then I need to animate control surfaces, control cables, wheels, and prop. Once all that is done I will see what I can do about a pilot.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:28 am

Kris, this really looks amazing! The detail you are putting into this model is impressive, and far beyond what I had hoped for! The Ultralight fans out there are going to eat this up! have you decided how youre going to do the guage pod? i've seen them mounted above and below the eyeline, and eather works well.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:59 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Kris, this really looks amazing! The detail you are putting into this model is impressive, and far beyond what I had hoped for! The Ultralight fans out there are going to eat this up! have you decided how youre going to do the guage pod? i've seen them mounted above and below the eyeline, and eather works well.

Hi Tom!

Thank you!

I have not decided yet. I will look at some images on the net and see where most of them have their gauge's.

If you have any preference let me know.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:05 am

From what I've seen the single seaters that even have gauges, have them below, and the Two place versions have them above. This appears to be entirely based on the airframe tubing for the respective models. I personally have no preferance. Whatever you do I'm sure will be great! I just hope you're not losing steam for this project! so many times over the years I've seen these get started and then abandoned. Its really coming out great, and if there is any other way I can assist, please let me know. I'll do anything I can to help!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:27 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:From what I've seen the single seaters that even have gauges, have them below, and the Two place versions have them above. This appears to be entirely based on the airframe tubing for the respective models. I personally have no preferance. Whatever you do I'm sure will be great! I just hope you're not losing steam for this project! so many times over the years I've seen these get started and then abandoned. Its really coming out great, and if there is any other way I can assist, please let me know. I'll do anything I can to help!

Hi Tom!

Once I get all of the cabling done I will work on placing the gauges. I do not know where I will put them yet. I am not running out of steam. That is why I told you a couple of post back that I am getting into parts of the aircraft that take me longer to model. The parts that I am working on now take a lot longer because they need more detail.

I appreciate very much your offer to help. I am hoping that in about another month we should be at the FSX testing stage. That is when I will need your help testing the aircraft in FSX and I will get you the UVW texture maps so that you can start texturing the aircraft.

Here are some more images of what I have done so far. I have modeled the rudder cables, and the muffler for the engine.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:28 am

Still in awe over your work Kris! This thing is amazing! There is one small change you need to make on the pedals... The linkages to the nose wheel need to be criss-crossed. Right now if you push the left pedal it will apply left rudder, but will push the nose wheel to the right. You definately want the nose wheel to turn in the direction of the pedal being pressed.

I'm glad you are still enthusiastic about this model! its coming along great! Quite impressive!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Found a pilot donation in blender format!!!

Postby Krispy1001 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:08 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:After asking around, I found a neat pilot on a blender user forum, I'm assuming he can be scaled to fit the aircraft? He's dressed just right for it!

Hi Tom!

You did awesome! ^-^

I am very sorry, I missed this post. You found a perfect pilot. I will have to do a lot of work on it because it is setup with all materials for cycles rendering. But I think I can handle that. I will work on the getting the pilot to work after we have the aircraft completely modeled.

I want to make sure that we give the artist that modeled the pilot credit for it. I think his name is Witold Jaworski, but I am not sure. Could you please make sure that we have all the information that the artist wants for his credits for the pilot?

Thank you, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Found a pilot donation in blender format!!!

Postby tomvaillencourt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Krispy1001 wrote:
tomvaillencourt wrote:After asking around, I found a neat pilot on a blender user forum, I'm assuming he can be scaled to fit the aircraft? He's dressed just right for it!

Hi Tom!

You did awesome! ^-^

I am very sorry, I missed this post. You found a perfect pilot. I will have to do a lot of work on it because it is setup with all materials for cycles rendering. But I think I can handle that. I will work on the getting the pilot to work after we have the aircraft completely modeled.

I want to make sure that we give the artist that modeled the pilot credit for it. I think his name is Witold Jaworski, but I am not sure. Could you please make sure that we have all the information that the artist wants for his credits for the pilot?

Thank you, Kris ^-^

Will do! Did you see my post about the nose wheel steering links? Not being pushy, just want to make sure you saw it.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Tom!

Yes, I did see your post on the rudder cables. I have fixed the problem that you brought to my attention.

Thank you for letting me know that I had a problem with the cables.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:42 pm

You changed the cables? Or the links from the pedals to the steering tree. You wouldn't want to push the left pedal to turn right. Just curious how you did it. I sent a message to the pilot artist just to verify we have his permission to use it, and asked what information we would need to properly credit him for it. I should hear back from him soon!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design