Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:41 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:You changed the cables? Or the links from the pedals to the steering tree. You wouldn't want to push the left pedal to turn right. Just curious how you did it. I sent a message to the pilot artist just to verify we have his permission to use it, and asked what information we would need to properly credit him for it. I should hear back from him soon!

Hi Tom!

I had to re-model the links to the pedals to the steering tree, and the cables going to the rudder control horns. If I did not change the cables going to the rudder control horns as you push the right rudder pedal for a right turn it would push the cable going to the right side of the rudder and it would push it to the left. That would make your aircraft turn left. So I had to cross the rudder cables.

Below is an image of what I have done to fix the problem.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Very creative! Nice work as always! You're pretty awesome my friend!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Very creative! Nice work as always! You're pretty awesome my friend!

Hi Tom!

Thank you!

Here are some images of what I have done on the Elevator cabling so far. I had to setup a pulley system for the elevator like I had to do for the steering.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Nice! Are you sure you want to keep this as freeware? Lol! Amazing detail for a freeware aircraft! This is amazing Kris! Its going to be quite popular!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:29 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Nice! Are you sure you want to keep this as freeware? Lol! Amazing detail for a freeware aircraft! This is amazing Kris! Its going to be quite popular!

Hi Tom!

Thanks! ^-^

I am happy that you are happy with the aircraft! I will have some more images of the aircraft at the end of this week.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Tom!

Here are some images of what I have done so far this week. I have modeled the cables and control rods for the ailerons.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:39 am

And the awesome just keeps going! Great work Kris!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi Tom!

I am happy that you like the aircraft so far.

The modeling is almost complete for our aircraft. The only thing that I have to model is the instrument cluster panel. After that will come the hard work of animating all of the cables and control surfaces.

Here is an image of the aircraft so far.

Thanks, Kris
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Kris, I can't thank you enough for your continued effort in creating this model! I have been hopeful that someone would make one for many years now, and this one does not disappoint! What a beautiful job you've done with this!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:23 am

Kris, I don't know if you celebrate it or not, but if so, Happy Easter!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:28 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Kris, I don't know if you celebrate it or not, but if so, Happy Easter!

Hi Tom!

Yes, I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus the Christ's resurrection! He is my Lord and Savior!!!!

Thank you, Mr. Tom and Happy Easter to you and your family!

Sorry I have not put any new images of the aircraft, but I have been sick this week. I will start on the aircraft this week if it is GOD's will.

Your Friend, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:57 am

Kris, in no way do I want you to feel rushed with this project. You are doing so much better with it than I could have imagined. It is completely reasonable for you to do it at your leisure, and most certainly when you fall ill, to take as much time as you need. Only work on it when you want to! :)
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi Tom!

I have been working on rigging the aircraft for animations, and I am about half done. After I get done rigging I can start animating control surfaces.

Tom! I have a question: where is the throttle located for most ultralights? I do not know were to put the throttle.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:50 am

There is usually a simple "T" handle throttle lever to the left of the seat somewhere. On Ultralights they are very basic.
Here is an example on an Austflight Drifter, you can attach a similar lever to a seat attachment, or to the framework left of the seat. Frame mounting is more traditional. But you may need to make a few tweaks to put it within reach of the pilot.

2015-4-11_7-18-51-959.jpg
2015-4-11_7-18-51-959.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Tom!

Thank you for the image! That is going to make it very easy to model a throttle for the aircraft.

Have a nice day. Your Friend, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design