Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi Tom!

All of the modeling for our aircraft is complete. I am still working on animations.

Here is a list of things I need to complete before we can start testing our aircraft in FSX.

1. Animations need to be complete (can take some time to complete)
2. UV-unwrapping needs to be complete (can take some time to complete)
3. All files needed to run the aircraft in FSX needs to be created

After these three things are complete we can start testing our aircraft in FSX.

Below is an image of the complete Model:

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:12 am

Great! I'm excited to see it fly! Are you still adding the pilot figure?
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:46 am

tomvaillencourt wrote:Great! I'm excited to see it fly! Are you still adding the pilot figure?

Hi Tom!

Yes, I will add the pilot as soon as you hear back from the artist of exactly what he wants for his credits to read. I do not want to add the pilot until we know for sure he is happy with the credits. It would be a head ache if we had to try to take down our published aircraft if he is not happy with the credits. Or if he changes his mind.

If we get the go ahead to use the pilot, I will add it after we work out all the bugs from the aircraft in FSX.

Thanks, Kris
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Ive tried a few times to ask how he would like to be credited, and even suggested how we would do it if it was up to us, and he did not respond to those posts, but he was clear that we had his permission to use it. I assume he doesnt really care that much about it. You can view the thread where he gave his permission here:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... ft-project

Im pretty sure as long as we do a basic credit he would be fine with it.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi Tom!

I have created the files for our aircraft for FSX. I have no animations working yet, and I need to work on flight dynamics. I just wanted to see what it will look like in FSX. We also have a lot of texturing to do.

As soon as I can I am going to get you the UV maps so that you can start working on the textures.

Here is an image of our aircraft in FSX. Thanks, Kris ^-^

Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 am

Looks great! Not sure how much help Imcan be with painting... As I said before my experience is limited re-painting. I tried to recruit some painters , but didn't get any help. I will try to help here if I can, but my resources are limited. I will see what I can do..
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:50 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Looks great! Not sure how much help Imcan be with painting... As I said before my experience is limited re-painting. I tried to recruit some painters , but didn't get any help. I will try to help here if I can, but my resources are limited. I will see what I can do..

Hi Tom!

No problem, I will give it an overall texturing job and then you can add some highlights.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun May 17, 2015 4:10 am

Perfect! I will do my best work on this one! Can't wait to start! If you have any livery ideas or preferances let me know, I will try to bring them to life! I like all styles! Solids or stripes, Ill try to give you several styles and colors!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Everyone!

Here is an update image of the progress of the Ultralight. We are working on the texturing of the aircraft.

Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bregelion » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:12 am

Hello everybody. I am new to the forums and to Flight Sim and I was wondering if anybody heard about the Romanian plane I.A.R 80 it's a WWII plane. If anybody wants to help me design the plane, please PM me. I need a lot of information. :)

Safe flights! :D
bregelion
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 pm

bregelion wrote:Hello everybody. I am new to the forums and to Flight Sim and I was wondering if anybody heard about the Romanian plane I.A.R 80 it's a WWII plane. If anybody wants to help me design the plane, please PM me. I need a lot of information. :)

Safe flights! :D

You would probably get more responses regarding this if you start your own thread. this one only has a few followers, and they are particularly following the progress of this aircraft. Good luck!!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Kris, Here is a few shots of my first livery. It is very rudimentary, unfortunately I do not have photoshop, and Do not have access to some advanced Shading and gradient tools, but you get the idea.. I will be working on this some more. Unfortunately with the textures laid out the way they are, I am having a hard time painting the tube frame without also getting the brace cables. I will continue to work on these, meanwhile if you have any photos that show livery styles you like, send me a link and I'll see what I can do.

Livery 1 screenshots -- http://1drv.ms/1AV7cTv
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi Tom!

Those re-paints look incredibly good. I like it very much.

Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Added some more Livery ideas in the works... Will be refined as the model gets closer to finished...

http://1drv.ms/1AV7cTv
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 am

Hey Kris, After my First CFG flight characteristics mods, I have also defined some really nice camera definitions. They will bring some really nice external views to this! Can't wait!!!!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design