Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Krispy1001 wrote:
tomvaillencourt wrote:Looks amazing so far! I cant wait! I really like how its coming together!

Hi Tomvaillencourt!

Here is an image or for changes to the air-frame.

Thanks, Krispy1001 ^-^

VERY NICE! This thing is coming along great! When the Airframe is all done, and you have some basic textures, I can see if I can paint it. I'm limited to FSRepaint though. There are other guys I've seen who use Photoshop or GIMP, but I'll Try my hand first if you want.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:46 am

Hi Tomvaillencourt!

Here are a few more images of what I have done on the aircraft. I added simple materials, and started the wheels.

Thanks, Krispy1001 ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:44 am

Krispy1001 wrote:Hi Tomvaillencourt!

Here are a few more images of what I have done on the aircraft. I added simple materials, and started the wheels.

Thanks, Krispy1001 ^-^

Something went wrong with upload...
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 am

Hi Tomvaillencourt!

Sorry I did not know that the images did not work.

Here they are again.

Remember there are no textures applied, only simple materials.

Let me know if you can see them now.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 pm

WOAH! Nice! Those wheels won't have any trouble on the Grass!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Nice work!! Very impressive detail!!!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:39 pm

pete wrote:Nice work!! Very impressive detail!!!

Agreed! Very nice Detail indeed!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:05 pm

pete wrote:Nice work!! Very impressive detail!!!

Hi pete!

Thank you very much! :D

Krispy1001 ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi Tomvaillencourt!

Thank you! :D

I am doing my best!

Krispy1001 ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi Tom!

Here is another image of what I have done so far.

Thanks, Kris ^-^

Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Nice! can the nose wheel be a bit bigger? or the mains a little smaller? Don't do it if its too much work, but even if the nose wheel is a little smaller than the mains, they should still be close in size.. I wonder too if theres a better way to mount the nose wheel.... Not sure that would steer well without the nose wheel trying to caster backwards. I hate being critical, but thats what you wanted right? my Honest input good or bad? I hope.. This is your work of art, so I will absolutely shut up if you feel insulted in any way. that is not my intent here at all!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Maybe like one of these?

steerablenosewheel.jpg
steerablenosewheel.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 4944 times

or like this guy did?

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- ... hts/660360
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:03 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Nice! can the nose wheel be a bit bigger? or the mains a little smaller? Don't do it if its too much work, but even if the nose wheel is a little smaller than the mains, they should still be close in size.. I wonder too if theres a better way to mount the nose wheel.... Not sure that would steer well without the nose wheel trying to caster backwards. I hate being critical, but thats what you wanted right? my Honest input good or bad? I hope.. This is your work of art, so I will absolutely shut up if you feel insulted in any way. that is not my intent here at all!

Hi Mr. Tom!

No, you are not insulting me at all. I do want your input. This is your requested aircraft, so I want to do it to as close as I can to what you want.

Thank you for the images that you found of the front landing gear. I will re-model it from your image that you found. I will also increase the front wheel size.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 pm

I know its my request, but you are the one putting in all the work, so I hate to be too critical if you've spent an entire day on something. I can't even figure out how to do 3d modeling or I would be! haha! Thank you for doing this... It means alot!
I also hope It wasn't an insult to link you to the other 3d model for a visual reference. Yours is coming out great, and he had a much more expensive modeling software to his advantage. I think he used Cinema 4D which can actually export to 3DS. what is your model format?
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:22 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:I know its my request, but you are the one putting in all the work, so I hate to be too critical if you've spent an entire day on something. I can't even figure out how to do 3d modeling or I would be! haha! Thank you for doing this... It means alot!
I also hope It wasn't an insult to link you to the other 3d model for a visual reference. Yours is coming out great, and he had a much more expensive modeling software to his advantage. I think he used Cinema 4D which can actually export to 3DS. what is your model format?

Hi Mr. Tom!

You did not insult me at all. I am new to 3D modeling, so any positive criticism that will help me be a better modeler is very welcome.

I use Blender to model with. I have been using it for about 5 months now. It is a very good program and it is freeware. So I am very happy with it.

Here are two new images of the re-work on the aircraft. Let me know if you think that I have made the front wheel big enough. Also let me know if you think that the angle on the front landing gear shaft is at the correct angle.

Thanks, Kris ^-^

Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design