Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby Krispy1001 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to update everyone on the progress of the new release of the AltraMax. I have made several changes to the look of the aircraft. And I have fixed several performance problems that I have noticed with the aircraft and frame rate. I have completely re-modeled the air-frame and I have cut down the tri count to less than half of what it was. I have also fixed the problem that Mr. Tom talked about: That the panel in the non-panel version of the aircraft would become visible at different LOD's. I have also taken my time and I have enhanced the texture for the aircraft. And of course you all know that a animated pilot has been added.

Below is an image of the AltraMax:

I will try to have the AltraMax out as soon as I can. I still have work to do to it.

Thank you, Kris:-)
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:36 pm

VERY nice. We're looking forward to it.

I'm sure this whole thing has been a great lesson to may people, I know that I'm impressed with the amount of work that you've done. :clap: :clap: :clap:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Awesome Kris!! I can't wait to fly it! Are you going to need anything from me on the newest version? Repaints or anything like that? Sounds like you pretty much got it handled.
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 pm

OldAirmail wrote:VERY nice. We're looking forward to it.

I'm sure this whole thing has been a great lesson to may people, I know that I'm impressed with the amount of work that you've done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi OldAirmail!

Thank you very much!

Kris :-)
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well, I am finally finished with the remake of the AltraMax. I have added an animated pilot, and I have fixed several problems that have been brought to my attention. I have also fixed a performance problem that I have noticed with slower systems. The AltraMax should not slow down your fps like it was doing.

Here is a short video of the AltraMax that I made. I am very sorry for the pore audio quality of the video. The AltraMax should be available for download at this site by tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/imYvEtPtFK8

Thanks, Kris :-)

Sorry Tom that I did not answer your post sooner. Thanks!!!
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Excellent work Kris!!! You worked VERY hard on this, and it shows! Nice work on the gauge pod also ;) can't wait to fly it!!! <<q
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby logjam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:58 am

Really nice work there. I love the big tires for landing on a cow pasture. <<q
logjam
Major
Major

Postby BlueSkies » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:54 am

Well done Guys.
I know how long this has taken you both, as I've been following this project from the very first "Desperate aircraft request post".
You've both put in an immense amount of time and work to get this model completed, and it's certainly opened my eyes as to how time consuming this is.
I've waited patiently for this great little project to come to it's conclusion, and now it's finally here in all it's glory !!
I'm just downloading it as I type this message.
Can't wait to try it out now in the wilds of British Columbia, complete with it's new pilot. :D
Very happy days. <<q
Thanks very much guys, your both Diamonds.
BlueSkies

Postby tomvaillencourt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:03 am

Please, all of the credit has to go to Kris!! All I really did was a little beta testing and some repaints. And some very slight tweaking on the flight characteristics. kris has spent months on this aircraft and all the credit should go to him I spent a few hours at most.

Thank you very much for this great aircraft!! I'm out of the house right now but when I get home I will try it out right away !!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:23 am

Well done, here's the AltraMax in Prepar3d V3.

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am

BlueSkies wrote:Well done Guys.
. . .
Can't wait to try it out now in the wilds of British Columbia, complete with it's new pilot. :D
Very happy days. <<q

Tried it at King George Air park in Surrey BC where I did most of my Ultra lite flying. It's a dream to fly thanks. <<u
logjam
Major
Major

Postby OneWhoKnocks53 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:24 pm

I've been following this post from day 1, and can't believe it's here! Thanks guys, you've brought a much needed addition to FS and it looks awesome!
OneWhoKnocks53
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:16 am

Kris, excellent work on the pilot! I can see you had to shift some things around on the airframe to make him work, but you were able to get it all working very very well! I will be doing some repaints soon, but my FSRepaint crapped out on me yesterday. Not sure how, but suddenly it was not opening right, and i had to uninstall it. Im trying to figure out where i bought it from so I dont have to pay for it again, but so far I havent been able to find the retailer I bought it from. As soon as I am able I will try to get some paints out.

Thank you for sticking it out and going the extra mile on this project! I know it was a lot more work than you probably thought it would be, and i know how much you really did not want to tackle the pilot. Unlike most airplanes though, this one just has to have one, and you went way outside your comfort zone to give us one, and your efforts really paid off! He looks great!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Kris, What happened to all my repaints? I thought you liked them?
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thank you very much for all of the kind words.

Kris:-)
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design