MDL file VIEWER

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

MDL file VIEWER

Postby brettt777 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 am

I'm looking for an MDL file viewer for FSX (and FS9 if possible) that works in Win 7 or possibly Win 8. I only want a viewer; not trying to edit anything. I know how that works... or doesn't work, as it were. I have Decapods MDL viewer but I cannot get it to work. Every time I try to run the program it says " MDL viewer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution". I don't think it's my machine as it does the same thing on both my laptops. I remember getting it to work before but not sure how I did it. Actually I think that might have been on a Win XP machine. So is there another program out there that allows on to view FSX (and FS9) MDL files? I really liked Decapods because you could really see what was associated with what and highlight different components and see what texture goes where, etc. I would really like to get that program working again but so far have been completely unsuccessful so maybe somebody has an idea or suggestion of another program...?
brettt777
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: MDL file VIEWER

Postby sannderezel123 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Model converter x than can you see an mdl file, I'm not Sure about Windows 8

Sander
sannderezel123
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design