Swapping pilots?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Swapping pilots?

Postby Brian Z » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:12 am

Is it possible to switch pilot models? At least if we're talking about aircraft that have separate textures for the pilot, rather than having the pilot's skin included in the main texture for the plane?
Specifically, the default King Air pilot looks MUCH too professional to be flying the sort of repaints I usually make... I really don't see a woman pilot in a spiffy airline captain's uniform flying for a small company that puts cartoony pinups on their planes! The default Goose pilot would look a bit more at home in that cockpit.
Both of those planes have separate texture files for the pilot, unlike the Learjet I was just looking at--the pilots look HORRIBLE, and it's because their faces are little tiny parts of the main texture. When those little tiny faces get blown up to fit the model in-game, the resolution's gone.
So, if I wanted to put the Goose pilot in the King Air, would it be a matter of copying a couple of files, and maybe editing a couple lines in a config file?
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Swapping pilots?

Postby 1olehippy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Brian,

I've changed pilots in FS9 several times. I even have me flying a few. I use Paint Shop Pro and alter the pilot texture the same way you do a repaint.

Dave :) :idea:
1olehippy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garryrussell » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:20 pm

You can re texture the pilots, but, you can't swap the pilot models.

They are an integral compiled part of the aircraft model.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby Brian Z » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 am

Bummer... but I guess that's why there isn't a whole slew of replacement pilot figures on sites like this.
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design