Advice required

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Advice required

Postby schematicsman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 am

HI,there I'm new to this and would like some help on drawing/designing my own panels with real photo gauges in gmax/3ds max for fs9 2D/3D VC from scratch just like VRS F/A-18 Hornet for FS9 and CLS 747-200 and Captain Sim 707 Classic have done.i'm ready to learn from the best and absorb everything. I would like to program in VB.NET 2008 Express for "control logic" and learn "XML" for the rest.Now any help as in how to get the real photo 2D and 3D VC cockpit drawn and to have every nob,switch ect to fully function ?
I hope you can help me.I love Aviation.
schematicsman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Advice required

Postby Travis » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, first off, it would really help if you could parse your syntax a little more. Run-on sentences and incomplete phrases are gonna make it really difficult to provide help.

Secondly, what you're asking is a bit vague: do you want to create the VC, the 2D cockpit, or both? In FS9, the VC is hard-written into the main model, so you can't change any of that. The 2D cockpit image is easy to do. Some folks create their own by using a photo-editing program, such as Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop. However, that's pretty time consuming. To get an understanding of what is involved, load up the background image of any of the default panels and take a good look at the level of detail that has gone into creating the subtle illusion of depth on them. As for gauge-writing, your best bet is to head over to the FFDS Design Forum and talk to them. They will probably have more info for you than most of us over here.
Travis
Major
Major

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design