External Graphic Card Help!!!

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

External Graphic Card Help!!!

Postby FlierForLife » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:48 pm

Hello everyone, I was surfing around the net as usual, trying to find a way to improve my frames in FSX, and from what I have researched, I could buy an external video/graphic card that would plug into a usb or similar port that would help boost my graphics and frame rates at the same time. Is this true, because my maximum frame rate is 20, although I am using my home computer for fsx. (My computer and monitor specs will be below.) I don't want to shell out a fortune on a purpose built computer, but I do need some help finding and external card to serve me. From what I have found on amazon.com and other places like it is external cards made for attaching a second monitor to your computer. Would this also just boost the graphics of my single monitor, or what. I am really lost here and help is greatly appriciated! Please post links!!!!!

Computer Specs:
Gateway SX2311-03 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. AMD Phenom II X4 820 quad core processor. NVIDIA GeForce 9200 graphics. 1 teribyte hard drive. 4gb DDR3 memory. Multi in one card reader.

Monitor:
Viewsonic 1080p by 1920p full HD LED.
Gateway SX2311-03 (look it up) :-)
FlierForLife
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: External Graphic Card Help!!!

Postby Slotback » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:47 am

USB 2.0 isn't fast enough to feed a graphics card with the bandwidth it needs. There are other external graphics card docks that use ExpressCard
Last edited by Slotback on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slotback

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking