Win 7 Optimization for FSX / FS9

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

Win 7 Optimization for FSX / FS9

Postby Capt.Propwash » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Hey guys, I just got a new computer (specs in signature below).. and well, I know there is a XP / VISTA Optimization post but I can not find one for WIN 7.  (I do now have WIN 7 Home Premium (sp1) ..... )

any help on shutting down / getting rid of 40 something processed would be of great help as I am currently running "out-of-the-box" around 70-75.   yeah i know.. OMG!!! WTH!!??   I would like to get it down to around 30 if i can, or lower.

Thanks.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Re: Win 7 Optimization for FSX / FS9

Postby Groundbound1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 am

Last edited by Groundbound1 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby Capt.Propwash » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm

I knew that Nick had posted about how / what to do to config Win7 i just couldnt find it.   Maybe Nick should have his own section..... OPTIMIZING TUTORIALS.  with all of his posts under that topic.

just a thought

Thanks Ground, exactly what I was looking for.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby Groundbound1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:38 am

You're welcome, and I think so too. In fact I have a folder in my "favorites" menu called "Nick's Tweaks", for quick and easy access to his tutes. ;)
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking