ATI Catalyst Control Center

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

ATI Catalyst Control Center

Postby patchz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Anyone familiar with it? I need advice on how to adjust the settings. I've tried a number of combinations, but I keep having to pause the game and change the setting on Mipmap Detail Level to get rid of jaggies. It does not matter which way, as long as I move the slider. When I get back to the game, the jaggies are gone, at least for a while. I would think it is a memory problem but I'm running 3 GB of ram and the new card has a GB on it, and frame rate seems to indicate it is not a memory problem.
Specs at the bottom of my sig are accurate except for replacing the old card with GIGABYTE GV-R465D2-1GI Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 8X HDCP and a new XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500w PS. I've also added a Seagate 500GB usb drive and put most of my scenery files on it. But that is not the cause, because it does the same thing with the few scenery files I left on the main drive.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center

Postby Mazza » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:14 am

Are you using 'advanced' mode? It's way easier to set things  8-)
Sunset Chasing...RULES
AMD 9550 2.43 X4 - 2Gb RAM 800Mhz DDRII - Asus 4670
Corsair TX-750W
Mazza
Major
Major

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center

Postby aussiewannabe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:16 am

ATI Settings (FS9)

AA=4x
AF=16x
Mip or Texture Quality = Maximum or highest quality
Catalyst AI to ADVANCED
Wait for Vertical Refresh to #3 on the slider (Application Controlled)

Make sure under API Specic: Enable Geometry Instancing, Support DTX Texture (you may not have this as I don't), and Triple Buffering are checked, nothing else.

Under VPU recovery, uncheck prepare error report but leave Enable VPU checked.

Click Apply and close the ATI Cat Control Center.

Don't use the ADAPTIVE AA or AF Feature. Those can bugger you but if you want to experiment that's up to you.

In the sim set the Filtering to Trillinear and uncheck AA and always run the NATIVE resolution of your monitor (same resolution as you use on the desktop) x 32

Hope this helps.
HP Media Center Photosmart m7260n | 3.0GHz Intel Pentium D 830 | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB HD | Sapphire X1950 GT 512MB | Silencer 610 Watt PSU

[center][img]
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/aussie_sig1.jpg
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking