Cant use PMDG MD-11 in FSX without big stutters problems

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

Cant use PMDG MD-11 in FSX without big stutters problems

Postby FRASSE226 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:36 am

Hi,

I have big problem to use my PMDG's MD-11, the FSX keep stopping for 5-15 seconds then run for 1-3 minutes then stop again.

This happen only when I use MD-11 and also Feelthere Cessna Citation X, all my other AC works just fine.

This is what I have done.

1. Clean Install FSX + Acc. using nNick suggestion, latest NVidia drivers, install and setting nHansen 2.5.7 ( I think nNick settings has to be update as it has been added more options in the latest version 2.5.7)

2. 1 Used nNick manual XP/Windows Setup, System Optimizing and Drivers. I have done all tweaking from the start, then after I install most of my add-on AC,Scenery and stuff like that, I run the part of O&O defrag.

3. Enable, then disable all the add-on sceneys and only use FSX default scenerys = the problem are still there.

4. Move all the bar to the left (no fun LOL) then add 1 section every time to about 2-3/4 to the right and did a test flight = the problem are still there.
The funny thing are my Frame goes between 35 - 65 with all bars set to max for my system, even traffic to 50% and all my add-on scenery enable.

Here are a list of my system:
Windows XP Home Edition with SP3
Processor - 2.20Ghz AMD Athlon 64
MB - MSI AMETHYST-M 1.0
4GB Memory
NVidia GeForce 9600GT
1TB HD in 1 partitation (I only have 320GB used so it is a lot of free space)

Well, I dont know what I cane do to be able to use my MD-11 without buying a new computer but I hope some of you guys have some idea what to do.

Par B
Sweden
Last edited by FRASSE226 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
FRASSE226
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Cant use PMDG MD-11 in FSX without big stutters problems

Postby ShaneG_old » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm

This is your problem.  I have the 2.8ghz version (5400+) and I still get stutters, with default planes.

FSX alone needs considerable CPU power, adding in PMDGs most intensive addon ever to the mix only adds to that incredible strain.

Your best two solutions, if you've already been through the tweaks and setup guides, would be to obtain a higher speed processor for your mother board. 
I happen to know that CPUs of that make are getting to be quite cheap now. I gave $100 (usd) for mine a year ago.

If that is not an option, you may want to consider a mild overclock, but... make sure you know what you're doing first, or you can do some serious damage.  ;)

The rest of your system should be up to the task enough to get you a reasonably smooth flight with the MD-11.
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby FRASSE226 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 am

This is your problem.
Last edited by ShaneG_old on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
FRASSE226
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby idahosurge » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

If my research is correct your MB needs a processor of the socket 939 type.  The fastest one made by AMD is 2.4GHz.

I had an HP PC that used the same socket type when I got into FSX.  Back in early 2007 I looked into replacing the CPU and overclocking.  I posted my questions in the Hardware and Tweaking/Overclocking forums on this site.

At that time it was suggested that changing the CPU and even overclocking it was not going to get me much improvement.  After looking at everything involved I decided that for me the time and money I would have to invest would not give me enough return in performance increase to make it worth it.

You can download CPUID for free and it will verify what socket your MB uses, then it is a matter of finding the fastest processor you can use/get and decide if it is worth the effort.  You will also have to determine if you change your processor if you will also have to change your RAM.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Going back to my old PC, the CPU was the bottleneck.  I installed into that old PC 4Meg of RAM, a 8800GTX and a second HD for FSX only.  I also had to install a new PS for the 8800GTX since the old one was not big enough to drive the 8800GTX.  After all of that I still was not happy and it and that was because of the speed of the CPU!

Regards,

Rod
Asus R3E_i7 980X @ 4.44GHz_TR Silver Arrow_Mushkin Redline 6GB 1,644MHz @ 6-7-6-18_Zotac AMP GTX 480_OS - Windows 7 Ult 64b_OS SSD - Crucial C300 128GB_FSX HD - WD VR 600GB*2 w/3ware 9750-4i 6Gb/s Controller_Corsair AX850_CM HAF-X_FSX Gold, UTX, GEX, FSG,
idahosurge
Captain
Captain

Postby FRASSE226 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:21 am

[quote]If my research is correct your MB needs a processor of the socket 939 type.
FRASSE226
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking