Downloading Enhancer

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

Downloading Enhancer

Postby dvpro » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm

hi all, so I decided to undertake Nicks instructions to setup my new rig.
I never knew so much about defragging until now....So I got through all those settings...there were a few differences between what I am being told what to do versus what I can do in Vista 64...but all in all pretty close.

So I am at the point that the disks are all drfragged and am now wondering do I do the FSX tweeks? Do I install Nhancer and set that whole thing up? I looked in the huge maze of posts about all this and have yet to see that program. I plan on purchasing GEX and a few other planes in the near future. GEX is DL's but not registered yet...is Nhanver in that program?

I guess I am asking for an order of things to do.

On a side note...after all the tips were completed (mainly the name defrag...twice) I noticed a decent sized improvement...this on a two week old system that is screaming fast as it is...

Thanks again!
Asus P6t Deluxe
Core i7 940
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 @ 1600MHz
EVGA GTX 285 SC Edition
PC Power & Cooling 750
2) Samsung 22" monitors
Antec 1200
Thermalright 120
Dominator memory fan kit
Vista Ultim
dvpro
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Downloading Enhancer

Postby NickN » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm

read my post at simforums which has a link to Nhancer with instructions

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_p ... ?TID=29041

covers it all
NickN
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Downloading Enhancer

Postby dvpro » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Ok...got it.....I have learned something new....Nhancer works. Everything looks clean and VC looks much nicer...although I am still partial to 2d. The shimmer on the water (default tex @ 2X mid) is almost totally gone...maybe 40-60 miles out I can see a little...but I believe you said that was expected (at distance).

I had a few QW's for ya. After I install GEX...and I want to add more detail to L.A. area and install the Mega Scenery package for La...was also thinking about PHX & LAS.....is there a point? I guess I am not totally clear on exactly what GEX does VERSUS Mega Scenery.

What I really would like is airports (hubs) that are really detailed. I really only fly tube liners.

THanks for the tips....my new rig is alot smoother and much crisper. The +5 on contrast really gave my displays some definition :)
Asus P6t Deluxe
Core i7 940
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 @ 1600MHz
EVGA GTX 285 SC Edition
PC Power & Cooling 750
2) Samsung 22" monitors
Antec 1200
Thermalright 120
Dominator memory fan kit
Vista Ultim
dvpro
2nd Lieutenant