New ram and artifacts!

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

New ram and artifacts!

Postby Chiari » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Hello people, here i come again.

Changed my 2gb for patriots 4gb, now with vista 64, same speeds and latency as before. Run memtest for the first time on them and everything is perfect. The weird thing is that now i got many artifacts during 1 second or less, when the autogen is under heavy load. Seriously, i recognize artifacts, they are not sparse, tons and big ones, almost on the entire screen. It only happens on very and extremely dense autogen, but rarely on dense settings. Mainly on the spot view cam, rotating, but thats not an exception for cockpit and other views, it can occur too.

Now the thing thats most strange, it mainly happens with target framerate on unlimited. According to the lower value i set, they appear less often. It only dissapear totally when i lock the frames on about 30fps, but under any value besides unlimited, they're rare. On the both cases, vsync is on, meaning that even on 'unlimited' theyre limited to 60fps. The sad thing is that when on unlimited, i get much more smoother flights than when setting on any value below. In numbers its kind of 10fps increase under dense urban areas (S
Last edited by Chiari on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i7 920 @4.2GHz
Asus P6T
Patriot 6GB 1600
MSI GTX 280 OC
Seagate 500gb 7200.12rpm (FSX Dedicated)
Vista 64
Trackir & Saitek X52
Chiari
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking