Windows updates / Delete !!!

Ideas, suggestions, tips & questions on how to supercharge your PC or software!

Windows updates / Delete !!!

Postby Jetranger » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:16 pm

I came across this "Information", somewhere else on another Blog

I can also "Confirm", that I did in deed have 3 of these Microsoft supposed updates installed in my Windows 7 and I "DELETED" them - without any problems at all to my computer.

So , I'm passing this info to the rest of you, who may want / like to "DELETE" these Termites from your system, as they supposedly are slight resource hogs and send irrevelant information to mickey'soft.

Heres the original info :

This is for anyone with WINDOWS-7 that would like there computer to run like normal again by getting rid of the virus's (Microsoft has disguised as recommended updates) or slowdowns Microsoft has installed over the past few months.

Go to... Windows Update // View Update History // Installed Updates

Then once you are there look for the following installed updates. (See below)

If any are found select each one individually and at the top of the screen click uninstall.

*** This is the one that nags you every time you turn on the computer, asking you to install "WINDOWS 10" (if you want to install 10 ???, please skip this one)

KB3035583

The rest are Telemetry which sends Microsoft a list of programs you have on your computer EVERY time you turn it on, which is why it has been running so slowwwww.....

KB2952664

KB3022345

KB3068708

KB3075249

KB3080149

*** Restart your computer ***

After making these changes you will want to go back to windows update and have it search for updates. The updates you just removed will appear again (this is normal) and you will simply select each one and select hide. NOW your computer will run normal without the annoying win10 update popup and the back ground data collection going on with every startup.

I have performed this operation on several computers now and have very positive feedback from all of them. Then I wondered why I do not see the same issue’s at work on any of the work computers I use. After doing some research I found that these updates are not sent to windows 7 “Enterprise Edition” Which is what most Company’s/Business’s use.

But if you have ALL these updates installed and a few I have looked at have, you will notice your computer running better once you have completed this. And you can only guess what these ""system resource hogging updates"" are doing for you flight simulation experience.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Windows updates / Delete !!!

Postby Dave T » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 am

Thanks for the Windows 10 update its been annoying me for months and after Microsofts last updates internet browsing seems slow.

*** This is the one that nags you every time you turn on the computer, asking you to install "WINDOWS 10" (if you want to install 10 ???, please skip this one)

KB3035583
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:17 am

Ta...done :-)
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Apex » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Only just now (Nov 20) saw this.

2 weeks after I got my new computer with Win 7, back in March 2011, I turned off the auto updates. They were taking forever to load, computer wouldn't shut down until the update session was over, etc, a real pain. The breaking point was when the computer just wouldn't shut down, period.

I've always wondered what the heck they were supposed to do, anyway. Have had no problems with my system whatsoever. Some of the updates that did load in those 2 weeks were so-called "security updates". I'm with Norton, it seems to be doing just fine with security. A friend of mine who's a computer expert also has his auto updates turned off. That's good enough for me.

I'm not upgrading to Win 10. Somehow, I haven't gotten those annoying Win 10 upgrade popups, maybe because the auto update thing is off. Microsoft would do well to just let us make our own decisions and not harass us.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Amazing what they can possibly "Conceal" under the disguise as a supposed Security Update, when its not actually a Security Update at all !!!

About like the phrase - "its on Sale", when something is really Not - but, its sounds good,, to get those Naïve enough to buy into it, if their guillable enough .
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:53 am

I tried this and it kept coming back if you search C drive for gwx.exe it finds a lot of files. I finally got rid of it by deleting the GWX folder located(C)/Windows/System32/GWX using Unlocker1.9.2.exe from filehippo otherwise you can't delete the file, using windows7 64bit and sticking with it.
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to Tweaking & Overclocking