Transfering FS files from old PC to new PC's FS files?

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Transfering FS files from old PC to new PC's FS files?

Postby Hoorf » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Installed new FWS2004 on the new tower, as I'd specified earlier today in the Hardware Section, and again thank you to everyone who helped.....now, here's what I'm trying to do: I'll remove the hard drive from the old PC tower, put it in the new tower as a secondary...the goal is to take files from the old FS and plant them into the new FS, such as FS9.cfg, add-on aircraft, scenery, AFCAD .bgls and my payware aircraft & FSUIPC plus their keycodes, whatever file they may be in. What would a guy have to do in order to transfer all this over from the old FS to the new FS? Files, folders and such? Where would a guy have to look? Any help would be terrific. Thank you! <<v
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: Transfering FS files from old PC to new PC's FS files?

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:39 am

You might not need to do anything. FS2004 should run quite happily from the secondary drive. I've run several versions of MSFS from a flash drive. Worth a try anyway.

If you would prefer to transfer it to your primary drive simply copy/paste the complete FS2004 directory folder to any location you wish.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Transfering FS files from old PC to new PC's FS files?

Postby Hoorf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Heck, I just might go the way you suggested...just gotta get the PC to recognize the old PC's hard drive I just put onto SATA1, it's not recognizing it. Shouldn't it be automatic...or should I turn it on in BIOS? I keep getting weird advice from friends.

Currently looking at an external hard drive enclosure for SATA drives, found one for $16 on eBay, free ship. Might just hafta go that route. Thanks for the advice! 8-)
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Return to Computer Games & Software