Win 10 - ooopppps

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Win 10 - ooopppps

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:08 am

Probably many of you have a growing pile of old USB drives?

Well, cleaning out my drawer of old USB drives, I had an oops moment - I wiped my Windows 10 Professional instillation thumb drive. After all, it just had a "setup.exe" file and other uninformatively named files/folders in it. Nothing said "Windows 10" :confusion-shrug:

There is a bright side though - Microsoft may have changed it's policy on re-instillation. It certainly has changed how easily you can get the install files! :clap:

Go to the Microsoft site Download Windows 10 and follow the instructions to burn a DVD or setup a thumb drive. The thumb drive is perhaps the easier method.

NEXT, you need you license key. Don't have it? Not a problem.

Get a free program - KeyFinder, or another free program (with a lot more info) called Belarc Advisor. Either program will find your key number. Write it down or print it out, you can't authenticate Windows without that key.

If you have the download AND the license file number then you're way ahead of the game. Not to mention that you won't have to buy a new license.

Not to mention that if your Windows 10 install was through the internet, you'll now have a disk that you can use to repair damaged/lost files.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Win 10 - ooopppps

Postby Hagar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks OAM. Just what I wanted to know. 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:28 pm

and anyone who missed the deadline for upgrading FREE to W10 from an earlier windows. You CAN still get it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessi ... 533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()
and you do not have to actually need assistive tech.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Canuck1955 wrote:and anyone who missed the deadline for upgrading FREE to W10 from an earlier windows. You CAN still get it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessi ... 533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()
and you do not have to actually need assistive tech.

Interesting.

I, and many of the people that I know, use assistive tech. If I didn't have a mouse and keyboard there's no way that I could use Windows effectively.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software