Looking back..

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Looking back..

Postby Steve M » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Circa late 90's. I was late in the PC world and getting curious about these things. So.. I had a bit of an epiphany and walked in to the library. There in front of me was 6 keyboards and 6 CRT screens. I sat down at one of these things and gave it a good long stare. I didn't know how to make it work, I had no teachers, so I reached over and pushed a key.
Screen started to flicker and woke up to display a "Rules of the library" screen. Now I'm forking excited, so I pushed a few more buttons on the keyboard and the beautiful and most blue screen appears. Now I'm looking over my shoulder, glancing at the librarians at the desk.
Good, they aren't looking, and I crept out of the library like one of the ten most wanted.
It was my first BSOD. 8-)
Steve M
Major
Major

Re: Looking back..

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:42 pm

:lol: :lol: Steve that is awesome... <<v

I can just visualise you doing that... :whistle:

Had seen computers in the military and airlines and we purchased one of the first home computers that came on the market.

Did not impress me...like helicopters (a million moving parts all flying in unison looking for a place to have an accident) or those new fangled engines which do not use propellers I think they call them suck and blow jobs....well I never thought they would ever take off or amount to anything and I thought the electronic gizmo you all call a computer would go the same way as the dinosaur.

I guess the next major step for aviation is to replace all pilots in the cockpit with a flight engineer and a dog.

The dogs job will be to bite the flight engineer if he touches anything and the flight engineers job will be to feed the dog.

Me...Old Fashioned... :think: :shifty: :snooty: :whistle:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Looking back..

Postby Steve M » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 am

:lol: Thanks for the reply Doug. The flight engineer and the dog.. :clap:
Steve M
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software