Other Simulators

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Re: Other Simulators

Postby Steve M » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Jetranger.. I just remembered one of the first sims out there...

Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:35 am

Thanks for all the input chaps I think I'm going to get a Farm Sim and a UK Truck Sim and save up the £'sssss and get a wheel and pedals. Now where did I put me Wellies.

Yes, you definitely need a high resolution wheel (typically 900deg rotation) for Truck sims and preferably, one with a lot of buttons if you are going to use it for Farm Sim. The Logitech ones seem to be most popular, (I have the Driving Force GT and can highly recommend it) and considering the time you are likely to spend using it, is a very worthwhile investment. I never got my wheel to work with RigNRoll unfortunately, although it works with all other driving sims. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of ATS, which will be based in California like RNR. I just hope they won't DRM the living daylights out of it like so many other games these days.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:03 am

My Steering Wheel and Pedals for my various Truck Driving Sims...>>>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-Red-Stee ... B000WOG8N2

..less that 50 GB smackers, and works a treat ...AFTER I removed the (too strong!) centralising springs and replaced them with simple elastic bands for easier control!

I love touring the very familiar California scenery in my "Rig 'n Roll", since my "Flight Unlimited II" flight Sim excursions around the Sunny State in 1997!.... :D ...!

For me...after 15+ years...this is like flying/driving around my back yard!.... :D ...>>>

http://www.rignroll.com/l-ter.html

...annoying the San Francisco Police Department!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 am

I'm still experimenting with Win 10 so will try more progs later on.

Another one to pass the Win 10 test = DCS A-10 warthog. It runs a treat on my new comp with graphics to the max. Now I'm thinking of getting the Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog joystick and throttle set. £300 though, yikes! I might just be getting a little OCD with this sim lark.....psychiatric counselling needed!
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:32 pm

I have a earlier version of this my dad bought for my son. My son is special needs and he loved the demo I downloaded to check out and my son went crazy for it. You'd swear he was on it if you seen him watch it. It puts in in the mindset of being on any of the selected coasters. I have NoLimits Simulator. The version I have you can build your own coasters.
The video is from NoLimits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxnwDksNroA

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Computer Games & Software