Windows 10 and Flight Simulator ???

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Windows 10 and Flight Simulator ???

Postby Jetranger » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Ohhhh boy here comes something scary , Windows 10 when it rolls out

wonder whats gonna work and NOT gonna work with the new Windows 10 platform ????

will it handle FSUIPC ???

Will it run Microsoft flight simulator and prepar 3d ???

will it do anything we want it to do ????

I can already see another new folder & file structure format

and inserting scenery, Ohhhh no clicking the white area doesn't work anymore , nothing does , no more add on scenery ????

Aircraft gauges not working all needles stuck and glass cockpits dark ?????

Ohhh No, is this the end of Flight Simulator ??? as we knew it ???

all those add on's and all this new stuff that the developers have rolled out lately ?

WINDOWS 10 Story / Article : http://www.cbsnews.com/news/microsoft-pushes-windows-7-and-8-aside/

Wonder what we'll be Forced to do next?
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Windows 10 and Flight Simulator ???

Postby ftldave » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Why don't you download the Windows 10 Tech Preview and start testing it? :lol:

Carping about software upgrades in this hobby is like complaining that you have to be around too much water when you go fishing. It ain't gonna stop, buddy, never has, never will, and this too shall pass. Everything in this universe has a beginning, a middle, and an end, including operating systems and applications. I bet we'll do just fine with Win10, no need to wring hands, gnash the teeth, or cry that the sky is falling real soon.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 am

Only problem with your Analogy Mr. Dave, is that's its been a proven fact that Windows Vista was no Friend to Flight Simulator or all the additional add on programs that many of us have a lotta money wrapped up in.

A lot of us, me included have more than just Flight Simulator installed, and quite a bit of money wrapped up in our sims !

everything from Track IR, to all the SAITEK Flight Equipment.

so, to harp as you call it, theres damn good reason, to be concerned as I personally don't feel like having to go thru and re-purchase all kinds of upgrades to make what I have now work, which works fine currently under Windows 7 platform.

Many other Sim Pilots out here have a lot more money wrapped up in the software than I do, into the thousands, especially those Home Cockpit Pilots , such as Norweigen Project and his 737 home cockpit simulator.

Lotta the Saitek Equipment isn't cheap several hundred dollars just wrapped up in that alone.

Throw in all the Payware Add Ons, Scenery, Utilties etc. could be very expensive just to get it all working properly again.

Some of us here are more than just your "TYPICAL" 15 minute gamer, who takes a quick spin in a 737 tubeliner then moves on !

So, ya it definetly something to be concerned about ! :hand:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 am

This so reminds me of the story of Henny Penny! .. You know the one about the sky falling? The world coming to and end?
& we are forced to do nothing next!!

It's actually scary just seeing all these nay sayers & worry pots out there. Do you REALY have to have the latest operating systems?
I dont think so. There are so many guys out there still using Windows XP.
Why dont you spend more time in the sim, flying nicely & maybe having a nice warm glass of milk. That should stop you shivering in your boots!

posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=171183&sid=6a0ca06916be2062b5dd53b998d355d1#
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am

Sorry, Jetranger, for being so harsh, but why do you want to change anyway? As you say, your system is working fine, so, if it's not broke, why fix it?
I'm also on W7 & have no intention of changing/upgrading that at all.

I have, on my laptop, 2x versions of FS9, P3D. All working great. & I'm not a 15 minute simmer/gamer. I am part of a Virtual Flying club, Cape Virtual mentoring 60 kids a year, a project called 'The Young Falcons' & we still using FS9 on XP machines (20x), with our local scenery added in. We also have built 2x lifesize (cockpit only) simulators, both 2x seaters. (an Avro Shackleton & an Aeromachi MB 326, known in the South African Air Force as an Impala). Both using FS9, but on W7 machines. It's all working great, with a lot of capital expense. We have no reason whatsoever to change things at all!
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Gregorio » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:54 am

[It's been a long time since I don't post here so hi everybody again!!]

I was also asking myself the same question. In my search I found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zblqDv3vjeI). It's a vanilla FSX installation, no addons, but it gives me hope :)

[]s
Gregorio
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:18 am

Ya seen the video, yes very Generic installation of Flight Simulator the basics.

But, hows installing scenery I wonder ? with windows 7 theres was that Glitch that still messes with a lotta users, if they don't know how the work around when adding the scenery. wonder if that got fixed.

Then I'm wondering about all the PMDG Add ons how they'll work ??

if wondows 10 will Recognize Track IR correctly and all the Saitek Flight Equipment ???

And other Add Ons such as moving maps etc

Weapons for FSX and the A2A Flight On's ???

Hopefully all works fine for users without the Glitches

was also curious about the FOLDER / File layout structure , will it be the same as 7 or will we have to figure out where its installed stuff to like when we went from XP to 7 .

There was quite a bit of difference between the folder layout of XP and that of 7 , took us some getting use to the difference.

and Wobbie, I don't really have any intentions as of yet of switching to 10, nor was that stated anywhere in the original post , I was merely asking Questions before hand - so as what to expect before hand.

I like to know what I'm getting into before I dive into something , thru asking others with their experiences and by researching .

Tho, I can't truly go by the above video, for its such a Generic Install of Flight Simulator without any additional Equipment (Flight Yokes, Rudder Peddles - Throttle Quadrants - head tracking software - moving maps etc) not installed , its hard to Gauge to know if I'd consider an upgrade, it would depend if 10 recognizes everything correctly or not ???

I will wait for quite a while and not want to be the guinea pig, my Flight Simulator system set up is way more advanced and complicated than most users - with all the additional hardware / software I' have connected and all the Screens (4).

I'll wait and see the results from other with similar more Complicated systems to see if everything rhymes as it should !
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software