Pale Moon Browser version 25...

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Pale Moon Browser version 25...

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Just a bit of a warning Chums.... ;) ...!

The "Pale Moon" Browser version of the "Firefox" Browser.

Known problems with the latest version 25

If you have very recently "upgraded?" your present version of Pale Moon to the new; "version 25", you may/will find that many of your favourite Pale Moon add-ons no longer appear, or work!
It happened to me, and many of my favourite Pale Moon add-ons in the Tools Menu were no longer listed, and I had to un-install my present version 25, and go to the archived versions of Pale Moon, and locate and install the previous version: 24.7.2, for my Windows 8.1 64-bit Operating System.
http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

All working fine now, including all my old add-on tools...Foxclocks, Dictionary, Adblock, Translator, etc, etc...
I avoid changing to version 25 when the notification window pops up!!

Paul....Pale Mooning.... https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 298176.gif ...... ;) ...!

The Pale Moon Browser is a simpler, faster version of the Firefox Browser.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Pale Moon Browser version 25...

Postby aussiewannabe » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Fozzer wrote:I avoid changing to version 25 when the notification window pops up!!

Paul,

Is there no option to uncheck "available updates" for Pale Moon to avoid the pop up?
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Re: Pale Moon Browser version 25...

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello Chris!.... :D ...!

Well since un-installing version 25 completely, and installing version "24.7.2 (x64)" from the list of archived versions, I no longer get a pop-up window each time I fire up the Pale Moon browser.

Pale Moon Version 24.7.2 naturally associates itself with Firefox now, (which version 25 doesn't, and gives problems!), and it runs fine now.

Paul....A Pale Shadow of my former self.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Computer Games & Software