What is the scoop on "Xplane"

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Re: What is the scoop on "Xplane"

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:14 am

Quote:
....."This demo is nearly identical to the full version of X-Plane 10 Global—it has the same aircraft, with the same world-class flight model and beautifully realistic rendering technology—but it only comes with scenery for the Seattle area (instead of the whole world), and it will ignore joystick input after 15 minutes".
End Quote.

Time to Die!... :o ...!

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bubblehead » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:28 am

I checked out Prepar3d and although from what brief samples I saw (via YouTube) it seemed impressive that according to the manufacturer it was not designed for entertainment. I think I'll stick with the FSX although I'm concerned about the kind of support it will continue to have knowing that I've heard some other group is going to take over the software.
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 pm

FSX is not all that bad. Not at all.

There is enough freeware and payware available to make it a virtually new looking flight sim.

Better scenery, airports, aircraft, and weather almost weekly. What more could you want?

There are more videos & websites showing you how to get the most out of FSX than there is for ANYOTHER flight sim.

You own it now. That's not going to change no mater who, or what, may gain the entertainment/game rights to sell it.

Are X-Plane and Prepar3d really all that much better? No.

Each has its' good & bad side.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xOUc26mvY[/youtube]
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Computer Games & Software