Well this was a nice surprise!

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Well this was a nice surprise!

Postby musicflyer2 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:16 pm

So I had some friends of mine that said they wanted to take me out for lunch. They haven't ever had kids and I am very similar to the husband and I guess they spoil me because I was the kid they never had. They have graciously provided me with the laptop I currently have (in short a 17 inch HP Windows 7 machine), Samsung Galaxy Note tablet with keyboard, a Windows Phone 8, and an Android mp3 player. All because they want to. They love giving me this stuff. Also they have provided me with accessories for all of the above (including Microsoft Office).

They took me wherever I wanted to go and they said to make it nice. So I thought that Red Robin was a good, nice, slightly more expensive meal that was respectable. Then after we ate they took me to Best Buy and said "We aren't leaving till you have a Christmas Gift" and then told me to pick whatever I wanted. I was so surprised! I had no idea what to get! My friend and fellow classmate from College works at this particular Best Buy and he helped me narrow stuff down. I ended up walking out of there with a brand new Windows 8 machine! The specs are...

Asus Q550L

15.6 " LCD Screen

Windows 8 (64-Bit) (Currently updating to 8.1 right now)

Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.40 GHz

8 GB of Ram

1 TB Hard Drive

And that's it. This gift took me completely off guard and I am so thankful for it! Thank you so much Jerry and Phyllis!

This will be my main machine for now and my old laptop (The other one they bought about a year and a half ago) will be my Simulator computer running both FSX and X-Plane (and of course movies and stuff)

I am still in shock that I got a brand new computer today!
musicflyer2
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Well this was a nice surprise!

Postby musicflyer2 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm

musicflyer2 wrote:So I had some friends of mine that said they wanted to take me out for lunch. They haven't ever had kids and I am very similar to the husband and I guess they spoil me because I was the kid they never had. They have graciously provided me with the laptop I currently have (in short a 17 inch HP Windows 7 machine), Samsung Galaxy Note tablet with keyboard, a Windows Phone 8, and an Android mp3 player. All because they want to. They love giving me this stuff. Also they have provided me with accessories for all of the above (including Microsoft Office).

They took me wherever I wanted to go and they said to make it nice. So I thought that Red Robin was a good, nice, slightly more expensive meal that was respectable. Then after we ate they took me to Best Buy and said "We aren't leaving till you have a Christmas Gift" and then told me to pick whatever I wanted. I was so surprised! I had no idea what to get! My friend and fellow classmate from College works at this particular Best Buy and he helped me narrow stuff down. I ended up walking out of there with a brand new Windows 8 machine! The specs are...

Asus Q550L

15.6 " LCD Screen

Windows 8 (64-Bit) (Currently updating to 8.1 right now)

Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.40 GHz

8 GB of Ram

1 TB Hard Drive

And that's it. This gift took me completely off guard and I am so thankful for it! Thank you so much Jerry and Phyllis!

This will be my main machine for now and my old laptop (The other one they bought about a year and a half ago) will be my Simulator computer running both FSX and X-Plane (and of course movies and stuff)

I am still in shock that I got a brand new computer today!

Another thing that I forgot to mention. It's a Touch Screen.
musicflyer2
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SG-19 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:59 pm

You Lucky Lucky Ba$74rd. Enjoy your new toys, I'm enjoying mine "PS4" "GT6" & Kindle Fire HD. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:
SG-19
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Being a nice person brings you good fortune.

I know that came out like a fortune cookie, but it is real. No one wants to be nice to a nasty person.

An old, long lost, friend used to like fixing cars. I mean exactly that, he liked working on cars.

Any car, it didn't matter what kind, or what the problem was. He fixed his friends & neighbors cars for free. You just paid for the parts.

Instead of trading in their old cars, people would give him their old car no matter how new it was.

I always say "Be nice to people. It doesn't hurt."

On the other hand, once someone proves that they're a real A9S40|L, my first thought is how far up the baseball bat will go.

Hay! I may go out of my way to help you, but I'm getting less tolerant of stupidity and rudeness in my old age. :D
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software