Sim City 4 Deluxe woes!....

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Sim City 4 Deluxe woes!....

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:47 am

Popped into town this morning on my Motor-bike to buy some new batteries for my various Wall Clocks, and in the process found I had left my leather Motor-bike gloves in one of the shops when I returned to my Bike.... :doh: ...!
"Sod it!", I thought, I'll just have to buy some new gloves!... :twisted: ...!

Having got back home. I thought about how lovely those gloves were, 'cos they fitted me like a glove, and how much I miss them....
So I popped back into town again in the afternoon, trawled around the various shops I had visited....
...and low and behold, when I enquired, one of the shop assistants gave me a big smile, and said..."HERE!"... :dance: ...!

I was so delighted, that on my was back to my Bike, I popped into the local Game Shop and treated myself to a brand-new copy of "Sim City 4 Deluxe"...(and almost left my gloves behind again!).

..anyway...when I tried to install it, after entering the Serial Code on the back of the Manual, it said; "code not recognised"...
Tried umpteen times without success, so I checked the problem on the various internet Forums and it seems that everyone and his dog are having exactly the same problem, going back for many years!

I think I have just thrown £5 down the Toilet!

Anyone here had similar problems with entering the correct Sim City 4 serial code, and finding it "not accepted!"?... :roll: ...!

...and I have just bought a cement mixer in readiness for building Sim City 4!...Buggar!... :twisted: ...!

Still...at least I got my comfy gloves back, so all is not lost... ;) ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

http://www.ea.com/uk/simcity-4-deluxe

Reading about all the various problems with the recent Sim City versions, anyone recommend getting one of the older/better/more reliable versions of the Sim City game?
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe woes!....

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Paul, I don't have Sim City 4 to keep me busy.

But if you want something that I can guarantee will keep you up all night long, I can burn Prepar3d V2 to disk & send it to you.

Maybe some day it'll actually work. :evil:

As to the motorcycle gloves, my first vehicle was a small motorcycle that I rode all year round. I still had the pigskin gloves long after the bike was gone.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software