FSX Default Opening Screen Menu.

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

FSX Default Opening Screen Menu.

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:49 am

Hello Chums!... :D ....

A remarkably simple question, but I am afraid that the answer completely eludes me at the moment... :think: ...!

FSX and Windows 7...

I have a number of "Saved Flights", and on loading, the Sim defaults to the latest one saved.

The trouble is, after I have waited for it to load, (3-weeks on average*), and I decide to change, in the drop-down Menu:
(a) The Aircraft.
(b) The Location.
(c) The Time of year.
(d) The Weather.

.... The Sim some has to be re-loaded separately for each selected change....eg...<4 times!..(so that's <12 bleedin' weeks before I get the bloody program running*)... :evil: .....

...life is far too short for all this palaver!... :( ...!

So..Mates... ;) ... ;) ....

How do I get FSX to default to the "Main Selection Screen" on start-up, (like it does after the first install), so that ALL of the pre-selected changes can all be loaded in one simple operation...
..as quick as a flash....(eg: the speed of light).... :dance: ...!

Many thanks, Chums!.... :D ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!

*...sometimes I exaggerate!... ;) ... ;) ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSX Default Opening Screen Menu.

Postby dave3cu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 am

Paul,

Sounds like you're going directly into the flight on start-up?? bypassing the main menu screen.

On the Alt menu goto Options>Settings>General. Put a check next to 'Show opening screen'.

Also, anytime you want to make multiple changes to the situation, hit the ESC key and select End Flight to take you back to the main menu.

Dave
dave3cu
Major
Major

Re: FSX Default Opening Screen Menu.

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:28 am

dave3cu wrote:Sounds like you're going directly into the flight on start-up?? bypassing the main menu screen.

On the Alt menu goto Options>Settings>General. Put a check next to 'Show opening screen'.

You got it, Dave!..... :dance: ...!

One of those simple little things, tucked away, that I had long forgotten.....a tick in a box...somewhere... :o ...!

"Simple" used to come easy in the past, long, long ago!... :doh: ...!

Many thanks, Dave. Its saved a lot of loading time!

Paul...another "Tick" in a box... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Computer Games & Software