x-plane 9 / x-plane 10

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

x-plane 9 / x-plane 10

Postby webberernie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Im really lost and need someone's help so I figured I would try my favorite site. a couple years back I bought X-plane 9. it didn't work well cause apparently my computer didn't have a good enough video card. so I bought a new Nvidia one that cost a lot of money, I forget what it was now, but I now have a new computer that has 6 gigs of RAM, AMD video card. According to the X-plane people even a computer 3 to 4 yrs old should run x- plane 9 pretty easily. WELL I have all the rendering buttons turned down to lowest settings and the damn thing still don't work. It says I have too many things in rendering turned up to try lowering weather, visibility etc.... Now after all this I saw X-plane 10 had a free demo out so I downloaded it, and would you believe that works great on my system and the settings it picked to use are much higher than the settings that wouldn't work in x-plane 9. I just don't get this. So my question is would X-plane 10 work as well as the demo did? if I buy the whole program and install it in my new system? or does the X-plane 10 work so good cause its just a demo, and not a whole program like X-plane 9 was. I just cant understand why 9 wouldn't work when 10 does work so good . Anybody have any ideas? :?
webberernie
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: x-plane 9 / x-plane 10

Postby F35LightningII » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:10 am

I'm pretty sure the full version of X-Plane 10 will run just as well as the demo. Can't guarantee it though.
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: x-plane 9 / x-plane 10

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:50 am

My system isn't the newest and greatest, but it is fairly good.

I tried the X-Plane 10 demo when it first came out and it worked just fine with most of the settings on the higher side.

When I paid for the full version I don't recall any difference in performance.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software